Introduce Yourself Here.....

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 months 4 days ago #30258 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Introduce Yourself Here.....
Hi Go Nadz,

We don't have the resources currently to put together a petition on this forum. We do however get involved with other organisations that make submissions to the federal govt over this whole issue of medications abuses by not just consumers, but by health professionals as well.

My advice to you and all members, is to send letters to your local members and ask that they do their job and start fighting for the rights of chronic pain sufferers and to ask that we are not treated as drug addicts any longer or face a different result at the ballot box.

If we are going to have any kind of petition, it would be part of our National Pain Week program, which we haven't started putting together yet.

Thanks for the idea. Maybe one day we might be able to facilitate it, but at this point in time, unfortunately it's just not going to happen.

Sorry!

Regards,

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 days ago #30259 by Go Nadz
Replied by Go Nadz on topic Introduce Yourself Here.....
Just one more thing, I see on the surveys page that they are researching chronic pain in children, would they be interested in someone who has suffered chronic pain as a child but is now an adult? You see I have had chronic pain since I was four years old and I wondered if my experiences might be of use in their survey?

Someone once said "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
BULL TWANG!!!
What doesn't kill you probably leaves you with enough chronic pain that you kinda wish it had,lol.
That said, on the edge is living, all the rest is just waiting around to die.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 months 3 days ago #30260 by Peter
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are referring to and I don't have the time to trawl through the website looking for it. If you could provide a link to where that survey is advertised, then I can look at it.
Also, if the survey is one from outside of this organisation, you'll have to email them and ask them that question.

regards,

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• OneDay_@_ATime
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Learning to take things just one day at a time.
More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #30282 by OneDay_@_ATime
Replied by OneDay_@_ATime on topic Introduce Yourself Here.....
Hello there.
I stumbled upon this wonderful place while researching binaural sounds for pain and depression.
What a diamond in the rough this place is. I have never found anything so full of non judgemental support like this before, and I've been looking for a long time.

So full disclosure, I am not from Queensland (obviously being an Australian website, to join I had to pick an Australian state). I am from the United States. I hope that doesn't get me banned but completely understand if it does.

But about me, I chose the name OneDay_@_ATime because one day at a time is how I've needed to live since I was in a car accident at 15 and started in a downward spiral with pain.
I'm 36 now and still trying to learn how to take things one day at a time.
I would like to add to this but I would like to make sure that it's okay that I'm from out of country before I share anymore.
I hope you all understand.

Thank you for being here and doing what you do.

I have realized over the years that healing is not linear.
Indeed, far from it.
Some days it's one step forward.
Others it's two steps back.
On the bad days I try to remember the words of Albert Einstein when he said-
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by OneDay_@_ATime. Reason: Deleted file in case it was not allowed (it didn't come up so big on my phone, either, sorry) and removed some text editing.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #30283 by Peter
Hi OneDay_@_ATime

You don't need to be Australian to be a member of this forum. So welcome to the CPA Forum!

This forum exists only as a safe environment for people who suffer from any form of pain, but mostly chronic pain. Carers are also welcome. We also guard this forum well and as our rules state, no one is permitted to post any outside links to websites without the permission of the Board, which I might add is a difficult thing to obtain.

So, if you are planning on posting links here, then I would think twice about it. We are always interested in any information that you might have to share with members on how you have been able to manage your pain condition. You can do this simply by writing up a post and telling us about it. If members then wish to further research that on their own, they are welcome to do so.

We have had too many people in the past and still trying today, who come here selling snake oil cures of chronic pain. They try to take advantage and I am sure you understand this and would agree that doing such a thing is a pretty low act. So we are pretty careful with what gets posted here. Somethings are allowed, but most are not.

So please, tell us your story and how you care for yourself?

Regards,

Peter

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 1 week ago #30286 by Peter
Hi JS,

Glad you have had a temporary reprieve at least.

I hope that it all works out for you. Try to positively engage with the pain clinic. Yeah, they'll probably try and take you off the meds, but they should be providing you with a good exercise regime to help with the pain and believe me, it works if you commit to it. I take less medication now and am much more active because I go to the gym twice a week for an hour each time doing movement exercise classes for people who suffer chronic illnesses, who are old and who just want to maintain general good health. This isn't a fitness thing, it's all about strengthening ligaments, tendons and muscles, just so you can do day to day activities without injury. And it works. So find somewhere you can go to do this and join up if you can.

Please keep us informed on how you get on.

Take care!

Peter

The following user(s) said Thank You: wingman

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.