• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 1 week ago #28528 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Venting
Hey Will,

Where do you live as if you are close to Ipswich in Qld Qscan at St Andrews Hospital in Ipswich bulk bill and you can just walk in the door and have it done and dusted in less than an hour

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #28533 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Venting
Thanks Johnno for the heads up about St. Andrews Hospital in Ipswich. But I am in Adelaide Sth. Aust. Although a nice long drive and just leave everything behind [including the back pain] is very tempting at the moment. All the best to you, cheers Will

More
8 months 1 week ago #28534 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Venting
Hi Harpy,
Thanks for your reply. I rang around to try and get the MRI done quicker and got an even longer [5 week] waiting time before it could be done from another service. Luckily, I found a provider who could get it done today. Which seemed a lot closer to urgent than a three or five week wait.
So I asked WHY? And apparently some MRI's are funded by medicare. So those services are less expensive than the providers who are not subsidized by medicare but the patient has to pay the difference. For an non subsidized MRI the cost they quoted me was between $250 and $300.
I thought I would share what I had learned as clearly a 3 week wait for an urgent MRI is unacceptable.
Perhaps if enough people know about the delay and complain then this situation can be remedied.

More
8 months 1 week ago #28535 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Venting
Good on you for ringing around, MRI today is more like it.
I am not in a health fund nor am I covered by Medicare, so you mean if your getting a rebate or luckier still getting free imaging, you have to wait longer than us who pay in full.
Still don’t makes sense urgent is urgent.
Harpy

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 1 week ago #28538 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Venting
Will,

Australian radiology clinics (08)82569000 they bulk when referred to Medicare requirements , I’ve had full spine MRIs and CT with radiation scans all bulk billed to Medicare .

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: EBWest

More
7 months 1 week ago #28674 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Venting
Hellllp
I can’t stop the arm pain, it’s in both arms from my freaking neck all the way to the finger tips, left side is in bareable, I have had it, it hasn’t been this bloody bad before can’t take it, any tips on how to ease it??????
Harpy

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds