Venting

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #29062 by EBWest
Replied by EBWest on topic Venting
Hi, Fingers...
Sadly, what you've described is a common issue, among people living with chronic pain illness. When I was younger, it used to really p**s me off. Now I'm older and it still really annoys me..I find that these days however, I don't seem to care about the effects of any retorts I may fling at yet another, 'Oh! But you look fine..'. They do say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I find it suits my wit perfectly. I believe though, that when the message finally clicks, that chronic pain can be a debilitating, depressing and painful condition that requires a little empathy from the public, as well as greater awareness, things will improve for us. In the meantime, we continue to put up with a hell of a lot of stuff that we shouldn't have to...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 4 days ago #29259 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Venting
Hi all,
I’m a whingeing Pom and I don’t care.

Well I am finally getting nowhere and am sick and tired of trying to pace myself and bloody failing badly.

I need to sit back and look at things objectively and find the easy way to do it except pride comes before a fall..

Now with summer coming so do the sweats changing clothes up to four times a day I suppose the pool is gonna to get work out pity it’s salt water and not magnesium .

Vent ended

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 week 4 days ago #29260 by jo.m
Replied by jo.m on topic Venting
Nearly coffee catch up time! Sounds like you need it :(

You got this

See you soon but at the end of the phone if you need anything

Jo

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
1 week 4 days ago #29261 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Venting

Johnno wrote: Hi all,
I’m a whingeing Pom and I don’t care.

Well I am finally getting nowhere and am sick and tired of trying to pace myself and bloody failing badly.

I need to sit back and look at things objectively and find the easy way to do it except pride comes before a fall..

Now with summer coming so do the sweats changing clothes up to four times a day I suppose the pool is gonna to get work out pity it’s salt water and not magnesium .

Vent ended

Johnno

Hey Mate.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough day. We all get them and yes, the heat is no friend of mine either. I'm just so glad I don't live in your state with all that humidity. Stuff that! I hate the heat. Anything over 25 deg C is too hot for me. I don't sweat that much, but when the temp goes up, my headaches get a whole lot worse, I feel as though cancer has spread to every square inch of my body and I feel systemically ill with it, plus the hotter I get the more I feel like I'm going to chuck.
If I could live in winter all my life, I would.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you John!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds