Venting

More
9 months 2 days ago #29382 by pamcarr
Replied by pamcarr on topic Venting
not sounding too good there Brett, hoping that a stiff drink did make you feel better,even if its short lasting...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 days ago #29384 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Venting
Congratulations on reaching 94’ .. keep on Soldiering on.

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 15 hours ago #29708 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Venting
Weeelllll just had eight red hot needles in my back last Friday so far so good it makes you need nana naps between resting so as to prevent pain it’s a double edged sword ain’t it your damned if you do and damned if you don’t .
So far I’ve been lucky having denervation ( nerves burnt) only time will tell
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
6 months 14 hours ago #29710 by Michael
Good to hear, hope it works. I had my Rhizotomy a month ago, the 1st three days I felt awesome due to the epidural I was bombarded with but after that I have had heaps of pain. I’m told my sacroiliac joint is part of the cause. The neurosurgeon is taking me down the nerve stimulator implant route, I’ve seen a clinical psychologist and he feels I’m also a candidate for the implant, I see the surgeon again end of April.

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #29751 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Venting
Hey mate,

Think seriously about this there are a lot of people who say they love them and a lot hate them.
Once it’s in ,you will have to extremely careful for a period of time re: bending etc. if the wires break you need them fixed if you look through the forum I think you’ll find a lot of info it could be under “stims”
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #29752 by Michael
Hi Johnno,

Thank you for your thoughts.
My Clinical Psychologist has mentioned that to me, approx 3 months of being careful of not moving the implant wires. Won’t be easy but at this stage I’ve run out of ideas. I will be asking for some xrays on my sacroiliac joint as that where a lot of my pain is.

If I lay about and do nothing I feel pretty good, within 5-10 minutes of getting up, the weight bearing starts causing pain in the lower lumbar, weakness and pain in right leg, I lay down and things settle down again.

I see my neurosurgeon end of April so stil time to see if the Rhizotomy has made any difference

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds