• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #29753 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Venting
Hey michael,

Where are you based as I’ve had eight nerve burns and I’ve had a good amount of relief granted only about six months but it’s great relief , I was referred to a pain physician by a nuerosurgeon as she wasn’t too impressed with Stims .
If your in Brissie I could give you some names .pm only
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #29754 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Venting
I’m Perth based. I’m thinking that if the nerve stimulator implant works it’s good, if it doesn’t it can always be removed. If I don’t try I’ll never know, hopefully If I go that way I’ll be one of the successful patients.

• Johnno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 1 week ago #29799 by Johnno
Hi Michael,

The old saying “nothing ventured nothing gained” as you said if it doesn’t work you can have it removed , with everything there are pluses and minuses but keep us in the loop .

Johnno

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #29842 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Venting
Johnno,

Two posts by mc9000 in reply to mine are almost identical in words and meaning to what I’ve written. This doesn’t feel right with me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnno

• Johnno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #29843 by Johnno
On it mate sent a message to Peter our poo baa

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #29846 by Florrie
Replied by Florrie on topic Venting
G'day Michael, I rarely come onto this site, but have today! I'm Perth based too! I had a Nevro SCS implanted Jan 2016, removed June 2017 after a very miserable period of time! I vomited on day 2 after implant which made my top lead drop and I wasn't getting any relief, I eventually had revision surgery late April 2016 and got 3 months of partial relief, before losing it all. At week 6 post implant, I developed a nasty and persistent infection in the spinal wound which had a fluid collection, that took 4 weeks of antibiotics to beat. I had numerous unwanted and unpleasant side effects with various programs that were tried with the stim. Unfortunately, patients don't get a great deal of support when things go wrong either which adds to the miserable experience. Since removal I have had 3 MRI's which I would not have been able to have with the stim. Doing 2 x 8 week recoveries so close together was pretty damn tough too. Having these stims implanted is very invasive and the early stages of recovery are brutal particularly the first 3 weeks. Patients do have trials for up to 10 days, but frequently the results of the permanent implant are vastly different. The are various lawsuits happening in America currently and rightly so, there are some terribly sad stories. From my own personal experience I think they are evil contraptions. I would suggest anyone contemplating having one implanted do very thorough research before undergoing the trial and implant. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds