Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)

More
2 months 3 days ago #28929 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)
Hi Beestar,
I went to the chemist this morning to pick up my scripts and he asked me if I had heard of PEA and handed me a two page leaflet to read, showed me the bottle of pills and told me to go home read the information and give it some thought. The chemist knows me as I have been going there for over 30 years.
I was just wonder how your going and if you noticed any difference in your pain levels? Or does it take weeks to build up in your system?
Good luck , hope you find relief soon
Harpy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #28930 by Beestar
Beestar replied the topic: Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)
Hi Harpy, firstly I thank you for your well wishes. The thing with PEA is it does have an accumulative process, being a substance that is trying to reteach/reprogram your body to respond differently to inflammation and neural triggers. As you may be aware there are many ways the product could help you depending on what you are trying to treat/ get results for. It works similarly in a way to someone who is just starting out taking an SSRI antidepressant. It is going to be a build up over a few weeks until you feel a difference. This could take 6 - 12wks. Everyone responds differently. I will keep you posted on my way. If you are going to try it, give a shout out and we can bounce comparisons. Nothing like having someone going through the same process to get you to keep the faith! I have been on the 1x BD for a week along with my regular meds. By next week I hope hope to have the edge taken off. Be in touch soon, Beestar

More
2 months 2 days ago #28931 by samhilly
samhilly replied the topic: Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)
I have been on 4 tablets per day, for 4 weeks. So far no evidence of any improvements Went to supplying chemist ,his comment was they don't work on every one. Will keep taking them ,hoping for eventual result. Chemist said no side affects to keep taking them.
Oh for some pain relief , on Tramadol 150 twice a day.
Samhilly

More
2 months 2 days ago #28932 by samhilly
samhilly replied the topic: Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)
Tried Palexia terrible side affects. Also tried Norspan patches, great success but also terrible side affects. Now putting my hopes in Palmitoylelethanomide. but after 4 weeks no results

More
2 months 1 day ago #28934 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)
Hi Beestar,
I have googled my brains out over this PEA. There are so many pro’s and cons . Like all the kapanol, fentanyl , lryica Ect ect i have taken over the last 18 years, surely the side effects of PEA can’t be worse. I am hoping for some drop in pain relief , like samhilly said . any relief really. And to wait a couple months I am ready to try it. A lot of meds take a while to work if at all. Looking forward to hearing if is helping you soon.
I can’t buy it till Friday though so am looking forward to sitting down and having a chat to my local chemist .
Less pain to you.
Harpy

More
2 months 14 hours ago #28935 by Beestar
Beestar replied the topic: Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)
Hiya samhilly, sorry to hear that you haven't already felt some relief. Why don't you go to your GP and have them work out a dosage based on your body weight. It can be calculated for 100mg/kg body weight/day. Apparently doses up to 16 caps based on the above formula are proven safe in adults. I really hope that can help you. Beestar

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150