Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

LYRICA

• jo.m
  • jo.m's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 10 months ago #26579 by jo.m
jo.m created the topic: LYRICA
Hi Brendo,
There's always a dilemma with meds isn't there :( what to take or not to and what to change to and what worked for someone else may not work for you?
I take Lyrica but compared to some on here I take a fairly low dose, the reason because I have a very high sensitivity to most drugs and can't take opioids at all!!! So Lyrica to me is a life saver. At times I feel like it's only taking the edge off the pain but as I'm limited to what I can take I would be lost without it. I have taken it previously but came off it for a while (due to side effects) and tried other meds but didn't find anything near so have to put up with the side effects (nightmares, nausea) as the benefits outweigh the negatives for me personally.
I'm sure you will have a mixed response on here and who knows what Lyrica will do for you? No-one can say whether it will be positive or not but only you and your prescribing doctor can decide if you can take it with your current meds and / or if you want to try?
Good luck and keep us posted.

Jo

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie
The following user(s) said Thank You: b1b2j3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #26585 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: LYRICA
Hi Brendo,
There is a thread on the forum about Lyrica it's about 6 pages in ,jo.m is trying to link it all together so you will have all info so far .
But in the mean time I personally have been on lyrica for more than six years, my doctor started me on a low dose to start with as there are side affects (discuss these with your pharmacist if you are concerned) these guys are extremely knowledgable about all medication.
Saying that ,to me they are a wonderful medication as they have given me a lot of relief (unbelievable) they did however give me a side affect where my head felt fuzzy and I had trouble remembering simple day to day memories, I was working full time and it was very upsetting as I was an estimator.
I finally broke through the fuzziness and everything came back which was a relief ,as I said this medication does affect all of us differently but for me it does what it said it would do .
Take care mate as chronic pain can also make you feel useless and depressed so talk to your GP in regard to possibly needing a mental health plan,if you need to please see a psychologist (I ain't saying your crazy) but chronic pain also wears you down mentally and then some bastard turns the light off at the end of the tunnel.

Hope this helps
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 year 10 months ago #26629 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: LYRICA
Happy to be of service

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 year 10 months ago #26651 by MikkyH
MikkyH replied the topic: LYRICA
Hi I am on 75mg night and morning I was on 150 twice a day but came down myself as I was walking around like a zombie, itworks just as well for my back and neauropathic pain.
I also take 10mg of Targin and blood pressure tabs, Lyrica really helps 'that being said I cannot take even the lowest dose of Endep 5mg or Mirtazapine 7mg as they both knock me out for 24 hours.
So after coming off effexor for depression I need to go on another antidepressant and here I sit too scared to try Duloxene but I really need an antidepressant just to cope, I must bite the bullet as there doesent seem any alternative, but thats my problem.

Anyway In my opinion Lyrica is one of the really good guys if taken at the right dose. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MizParker

More
1 year 10 months ago #26655 by arjay
arjay replied the topic: LYRICA
Hi Seeana

Just a quick reply I have been on escitalopram (lexapro) for a number of years now,it does improve my mood and is also linked to moderation symptoms of fibromyalgia.
For depression there are quite a number of alternatives,sometime its a case of trying each one till you find the one that works best for you.

Hope this helps :)
Warm regards Arjay/Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikkyH

More
1 year 10 months ago #26657 by MikkyH
MikkyH replied the topic: LYRICA
Ahh thanks Arjay ' funny you should mention Lexpro as I had a healthcare worker come around two weeks ago to help me cope with the pain and depression and she suggested Lexpro too but my new doc ignored her advice and then put me on mirtazapine which knocked me out.
Trouble is Lyrica really makes me tired anyway so any medication on top of that that has that side effect as well doubles the problem .....think I had better change doctors only seen him twice as my regular doc is on long service.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150