Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

LYRICA

More
1 year 9 months ago #26784 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: LYRICA
Hey Castiel,
I've been on lyrica for getting on five years for post hepatic neuralgia initially I started off on the lowest dose and with my GPs guidance we slowly increased the amount over almost twelve months to the dose that I've been on for about four years, sure there are side effects lyrica made me forgetful and weepy (yes I cried ,some days I'd cry for a good half hour a few times a day), I had the black dog nipping my heels ( the people on this forum and my wonderful psychologist stopped me being a statistic (yes I wanted to jump ,overdose on pain medication) but what you need to remember that you are with friends on this forum, I persevered with lyrica and finally the fuzz went and I felt myself coming back into the real world and that was awesome.
But as you have tried a few and you can't afford to feel drowsy during the day could you possibly try a nerve pain medication at night ,which may help you at least sleep properly,I felt I was getting solid sleep but at the pain clinic we had a session where we were to lie down and listen to a wave sound ,well I went bang and I was asleep at the end of the session they woke me up and the psychologist said that she wants to recommend me to a sleep course as I talked and moved my arms about for almost an hour,so I'm not sleeping overly well I firmly believe that sleep is a way our body tries to heal itself so don't worry if you feel the need for one or three a day.
Don't panic we are on your side

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #27296 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: LYRICA
Hi Mango
Found this
Harpy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mango

More
1 year 5 months ago #27297 by Mango
Mango replied the topic: LYRICA
Harpy,

You are on the ball. Thank You. B)

I am on 25mg twice a day. Started the second dose today.
So far the only side effect is it knocks me out. I don't mind at night, I like sleeping at night.

I will now read through and see what else I learn.
Thank You so much Harpy.
Mango xx

"It's time to play the game" HHH

More
1 year 5 months ago #27298 by Harpy
Your welcome Mango.
Try and cope with the low dose for as long as you can, up it only if you can't cope no more.
I use to love the dozey feeling cause I knew I would get some sleep, enjoy it while you can.
Happy reading
Harpy

More
1 year 5 months ago #27299 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: LYRICA
Hey guys if your like me the drowsiness will seem to go away BUT it DOESNT when you least expect it a nap will sneak up on you and WHAM your asleep ,I tend to sleep more when I do too much , (I know I know ) pace yourself but going to my GP and seeing my parents it being a 20 minutes trip is overdoing it I have a little nap at Mum and dads then drive home and I'm ready for another nap.
The sleep train can hit me mid sentence so I tend to be alert to the feeling and if I'm driving I'll pull over now and have a nap as I had Carol (my wife) in the car and I had a nano sleep whilst driving , so please if your dose does get higher be ultra careful when driving and a little cautious on buses and trains you may miss your stop.
Happy snoozing.

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 year 5 months ago #27306 by Harpy
Hi Johnno
I got no chances of nanna napping in the car any more.
Since my car accident I sit in the car like a "dear in the headlights" sometimes my hubby will say will you just sleep. But I am too scared to take my eyes off the road . Ahhhh
Maybe I should try sitting in the back.
Harpy

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150