LYRICA

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #29442 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic LYRICA
Hi Angielove,

Lyrica is a medication widely used to help people who suffer nerve pain (fibromyalgia, epilepsy , post hepatic neuralgia and burning nerve pain.

I personally have been on 300mg twice a day for nerve pain , my nerve pain is caused by post herpatic and spinal damage and without the medication I’m on it burns like the worst sunburn you have ever had if Lyrica eases my pain which it has done for the last six plus years.

All medication has some form of side effect or other so putting Lyrica in the dock being charged for numerous crimes there should be many many more drugs and companies being vilified.

I won’t apologise for my actions RE: Lyrica as we have to remain independent which means not giving links denigrating legal medications and using Dr’s and or non medical names without their permission as it leaves us open to litigation.

So don’t take what we do as an affront to you we have to maintain an unbiased forum so we have to do this and live with chronic pain.

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #29443 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic LYRICA
I was on lyrica for years, only side effect I had was it DID reduce my nerve pain greatly.
Most medications have side effects to some people then to others they have none.
It just depends on the individual. I am not on them at present , but I will if I can no longer cope with this pain day in day out.
There are risks with everything in life , heck could have been killed by eating a strawberry recently. To me personally a break from this pain IS worth a side effect here or there. But that’s me and my spine is only getting worse will never get better. I am 54 and have been in pain for 35 of these years. Harpy

More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #29445 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic LYRICA

Angielove wrote: It can take years before you start seeing side effects.

Lyrica has been illegally promoted for pain, when there is no evidence for it. There are ongoing legal cases for it's incorrect promotion, which tells you the seriousness of the matter. You can find these yourself with an internet search. I tried to include a link in my previous post, however the moderator is controlling your access to information that most likely doesn't suit their own agenda.

Everyone is free to choose what they take, but when there are many other safer options, I just don't get why one would risk these very serious side effects!

Hi Angielove,

One of the main reasons why Johnno has 'correctly' removed those links, is because they have not been approved by the Board of Chronic Pain Australia. Our organisation is the most popular representative organisation on the internet for people in Australia, who suffer from chronic pain. We have many thousands of members on this forum, and a very large number of them take Lyrica. We are the main organisation that is helping to educate our members on how to navigate through the taking of different medications and using different services.

Lyrica is very much a 'legally' prescribed drug for Neuropathic Pain. There is mountains of evidence for this, because it has worked in many people and in many age groups.

The TGA has approved it, the govt has approved it and so has other medical and pharma bodies. In most cases it is a safer drug than using an Opioid based pain killer. I cannot see how this drug can be on the market today if it has not been approved to be used for chronic neuropathic pain.

Lyrica or Pregabalin, is an anti-seizure drug. The same as Neurontin or Gabapentin. Both of these drugs were found to be effective when used for neuropathic pain, which is why they are in use today. Sometimes if people can't tolerate Lyrica, they find they can take Neurontin.
Yes, there are some bad side-effects for some people with these drugs, which is why it is important for sufferers to return to their doctors immediately upon suffering any of these side-effects.

I am not going to post links here to prove my point either. As Johnno has said, this forum is fully public and we have no other way of protecting the interests of our members, so the main focus is to ensure that no links are posted on this forum that do not have permission. If we allow posting of links for any kind of medical reason on the forum, we could open ourselves up to litigation and that will threaten the organisation and the forum will be shut down.

I am the administrator of this forum, plus I am a Board member as well. It is a bit rich that you have accused us of doing something that we have not done. We respect your right to your own opinion, but we also own and guard this forum and our members as best we can to keep it safe and running. We have the right to decide what goes on this forum and what does not. I'm sure you understand this and agree that it is a normal logical position for us to have.

If anyone wants to know those links, they can contact you via private message. We will never stop that.

Please understand that ultimately it is or job to protect the members and the forum. You've had your say on Lyrica and it's time to let it go. Please understand that there are rules in every forum on the internet. We are no different!

Peter
Administrator

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Peter.

More
1 week 1 day ago #29457 by Johnno
Hey Angielove,

I’m on 300mg twice a day for nerve pain and I’d take poison if it stopped the nerve pain.
I have it down both legs all day when not on Lyrica just like the worst sunburn you’ve ever had and times it by ten and Lyrica is the only medication that has worked with some success

Johnno

More
1 week 1 day ago #29458 by Johnno
Hey Angielove,

I’m on 300mg twice a day for nerve pain and I’d take poison if it stopped the nerve pain.
I have it down both legs all day when not on Lyrica just like the worst sunburn you’ve ever had and times it by ten and Lyrica is the only medication that has worked with some success as peter correctly said that Lyrica is a neuropathic pain reliever.

Here’s to less pain

Johnno

Johnno

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds