Animal Lovers / Animal Therepy

• AdamJ
  • AdamJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #27254 by AdamJ
Animal Lovers / Animal Therepy was created by AdamJ
I have had animals my entire life. As a kid I grew up on a diary farm. We had everything from cows, horses, goats, guinea pigs, dog, cats, fish and birds.

As an adult I have had cats, dogs and guinea pigs.
I currently have six cats and one dog. I especially love cats, and am a proud "crazy cat lady".

My cats give me a reason to live, to get out of bed. In my darkest times they provided not only a reason to drag myself out from "under my bed" but they also provided love and comfort. I consider my cats as part of my Pain Management for all those reasons and more.

When I can't sleep, they will come sit with me and keep me company. They never judge me, they never complain that I flaked yet again at some event or outing. When I am struggling they will come and purr and give me support.

So any other animal lovers, or any one using animal therepy to get through, I'd love to discuss and share.

This is my baby boy Jasper doing all of the above when I was seriously struggling earlier today. He helped get me through that moment and onto the next one, and the next, and the next.
Mango xx

"It's time to play the game" HHH
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AdamJ
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #27278 by AdamJ
Replied by AdamJ on topic Animal Lovers / Animal Therepy
Hi Country Dave,

The other great thing about dogs is they make you get put and walk. Even though it hurts, I always feel so much better after a walk. My dog is pretty great and he's happy to stay at my pace, he's also well trained of course, he's just happy to be out. Sometimes sunshine and fresh air is just so good for our soul.

Mango.

More
1 year 7 months ago #27305 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Animal Lovers / Animal Therepy
My wife and I are dog lovers we have had an American cocker and two cavalier King Charles cat dogs they slept in our bed and gave unconditional love one used to love kissing me ,well she used to was face as soon as I got in the door I'd sit on the bed to remove my shoes and she would climb up my and start licking my ears , I would lay face up on the bet she would have her front paws either side of my face and she would clean me like I was her puppy ( I miss her ) she was so tiny as a pup she could fit into a dressing gown pocket both carol and I adored her and our other old gentleman cav,
They were family to us and our four boys and their wives just loved them ,so yep there is a massive hole in our lives for now we'll have to see what the future brings.

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

• AdamJ
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #27325 by AdamJ
Replied by AdamJ on topic Animal Lovers / Animal Therepy
Hi Johnno,

That's the only draw back with animals. They don't live as long as we do. I lost my old man cat, he was 16, about a year ago. He had been my rock for so long. Thakfully I had 6 other little furballs to help me mourn.

And now I have number seven. My brother called me saying he had a friend with a 5 month old kitten she had to get rid of. The way he explained it made me think she was planninng to just "release" it. So I went in. Oh the poor little tike was crawling with a zillion fleas, had a big worm tummy and was starving.

So, yes I took her home. Named her Poppi. Killed all the parasites, and had her desexed last Thursday.
I am at my absolute maximum of cats now. I'm actually one over what my council permit says I can have, but I'll deal with that another time. Sometimes I feel like I can't help myself, but I can give these seven cats the most awesome life. All seven are rescues. Makes me furious. But I won't get onto that.

So here is the new addition Poppi. She has settled in very quickly.

Mango xx

Attachments:

More
1 year 7 months ago #27335 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Animal Lovers / Animal Therepy
Hi Mango
I hope this comes through, I am not very good with the adding photo stuff.
If it has come in it's is my pet pig , his name is SIR GRUNTS ALOT though this photo is a year old and can't fit in his bath anymore. He now weights about 250 kg. He really thinks his a dog as we have a couple and he runs with them. Though our staffs Elly totally hates it when I forget to put her kibble up and grunts gets it. I also have my best mate a little fluffy mini poodle cross Sammy he is 16 in July, we got a one eyed cat Rosie. 6 horses and way too many chooks. I have always had pets and now my kids have a load of their own, they are such good listeners.
Harpy

More
1 year 7 months ago #27336 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Animal Lovers / Animal Therepy
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, AdamJ

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds