Welcome to the CPA Forum Community!

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 1 week ago #29826 by Peter
To all our New Zealand friends who suffer from chronic pain, a big welcome from all pain sufferers here in Australia. Please join up and post in this section if you wish to introduce yourself, or in the main forum. I have also added a General Topics category for you to create threads of other topics of interest.

My name is Peter Gregory. I am the administrator (and a moderator) of this forum, as well as being a Board member of the organisation.
Currently we have 2 other moderators and they are Jo & John. If you have any issues at all on the forum, please speak to any of us and we will do what we can to fix them for you.

If you have any issues with registering at all, please don't hesitate to contact me at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll sort it out for you.

Once you have registered and posting, if for some reason there is an issue with a post or you are not happy with what someone has said, instead of slugging it out online, please send a report through to the moderators, which will reach all 3 of us via email. To do this, you will see at the bottom right hand corner a "Report This" button to push. Just click on that and follow the prompts.

NOTE: Please remember that the Chronic Pain Australia forum is 100% open and public. So please if you do not want any private information published online, DON'T POST IT HERE!

Also, if you are dealing with compensation claims or any kind of legal issues, please don't post it here, because they do monitor public forums.

Please make sure you read our rules section. You cannot give medical advice and nor can you post links to other businesses or medical organisations that are money making enterprises. We as an organisation want to keep this forum free from all advertising and remove all pressure from pain sufferers to go chasing some miraculous cure that someone has found, when in reality for most of us, there will never be a cure.

And please never publish the names of clinicians. This is not proper practice, especially without their permission.

Other than all the normal rules of etiquette and good behaviour that are for online forums, we are pretty relaxed and want you to enjoy talking to other pain sufferers. We share our experiences and stories, which helps everyone know that they are not alone.

Remember that depression bites at our heels constantly, so please keep talking and seek medical intervention if life gets too hard for you.

Okay, enough of the Administrator talk.

Again, welcome to you all and please enjoy reading from our archive and catching up with other pain sufferers!

regards,

Peter Gregory

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #29925 by Salt
Replied by Salt on topic Welcome to the CPA Forum Community!
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the message of encouragement and introduction to the site rules.
I came looking for recommendations for a good doctor to help me with my fibromyalgia (stage 6) and chronic fatigue, but I have realised that it is not possible to do this here.
I am not satisfied with my current choice of a medical professional. This is because I have tried numerous times over the last 8 years to apply for disability pension without success.
Perhaps a better question would be to ask what qualifications in a doctor should I be looking for to help with this?
I am not able to take much in the way of pain medication for my condition due to another condition that would be adversely affected by this. I don't want to take more medication than is absolutely necessary anyway because I experience side effects from the currently recommended treatments, therefore, I have reduced some to a minimum and cut out some altogether. I am struggling with the symptoms but I am determined to persevere.
Much of the time I am bedbound, necessitating being housebound and on rare occasions, I can accept an invite out with the family to visit. Pain is my constant companion.
Any helpful advice that may be offered under the rules set out on this website would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Sincerely
Salt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds