• Lep1
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 3 days ago #29386 by Lep1
Hi all,
Looking for recommendations:

I've just moved to Canberra and am looking for a good GP who understands Fibromyalgia and/ or Chronic Pain. Preferably one who bulk bills because I seem to be at the GP quite a bit.

I'm not working because of my condition and have moved to Canberra for love. The last thing I want is to be more of a financial burden on my partner, so any ability to cut down my medical bills is a win. Hence I'd love to find a good GP who understands fibromyalgia and bulk bills.

Over the last 10 years (since fibromyalgia started) I've built a brilliant medical team who I really trusted in Wollongong where I used to live. Including a great GP who bulk billed.

Now I've moved, I'm starting from scratch. But first of all I need a good GP who I don't have to convince I have fibromyalgia or that the condition is real.

If you know of a good GP who doesn't bulk bill, please let me know anyway. I mainly just need a good gp. A bulk biller would help with the frequent visits and the finances but it's not the end of the world if they dont. It would just help.

Thanks for your help,
Laura

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 3 days ago #29387 by Peter
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the CPA Forum!

A fellow Fibro sufferer I see. I've been living this dream life for 58 years and enjoying every second of it. NOT! But heck, one has to have something to complain about aye!

Unfortunately, we don't have a clinical services directory here at Chronic Pain Australia. We may do this in the future, but not sure. It is always a dicey thing to do with providing a listing of clinicians and their clinics, because it can backfire on us, so we have been reluctant to go down this road.

However, you might want to try asking the Australian Pain Society if they know of any Fibro-friendly doctors in the ACT. They do have a public listing and you might find some names there worth contacting: www.apsoc.org.au/public-listing
Just scroll down the page and go through the list.

You are right, it is so important to have a good team around you, especially if you are still struggling with the worst of it. But the GP is the most important and unfortunately today, they are indeed difficult to find. So I wish you well.

If anyone does have the name/s of any GPs in the ACT to give to Laura, please do not put them here on the forum. Send them to Laura via a Private Message, then post in here that you sent her a PM. We cannot publish the names of any clinicians or professionals on the forum without their permission, which we found out the hard way a couple of years ago. So now the rule is you cannot do this at all.

Anyway Laura, I hope you find some information on here that may help you and again, welcome aboard!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds