Targin

More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #28818 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Targin

illeatyu wrote: I am well I think Johnno thanks for asking :)

It was a question about Targin and Weed and whether or not the Naloxone was dangerous if using them both.

I didn't want to post the actual question in case you had removed it.

I was just going to let him know that we are not doctors so we can't answer questions like that, but I believe that the Naloxone would remove the part of the weed he enjoyed as it is used in hospitals to bring people down.

Anyway no biggie :) have a wonderful day.

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

I removed that post. There will never be any discussion regarding the use of illegal drugs on this forum or website, unless it is some research project that CPA are involved in and that the Board have approved.

The rules clearly state that there won't be any discussion on marijuana or medical marijuana.

Chronic Pain Australia has at this point in time a wait and see attitude regarding this drug. It will not be the miracle drug like many claim, but it will be another useful tool in the toolbox of medications and we as an organisation would like to see the govt be a bit more proactive in this area.

Soon I will pin a post to the top of our forum detailing CPA's position on this topic and we may allow some discussions on 'medical marijuana' ONLY. Any discussions on illegal drug use will always be met with a swift response, which is normally the banning of the person's profile.

I didn't ban this profile this time, because it seems they are a chronic pain sufferer and was genuinely after certain information. However, there are rules to every single forum on the internet and no one who has access today can be excused for not bothering to read them.

And by the way Ricky, you are 100% correct in suggesting that we are not doctors. They must go to their own doctor or pharmacist to find the answers to this information. So thanks for your concern!

I hope that this clears things up for anyone who is reading this thread.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Peter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #28820 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Targin
Thanks to two Hawkeyes

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
2 months 1 week ago #29695 by lbj11
Replied by lbj11 on topic Targin
Targin gave me horrid diarrhea.
basically. I changed Doctors and He said they would rather people be on Targin vs Oxycontin because of abuse potential. I asked if it works the same. And he said yes. he said the naloxone helps in constipation. And stops ppl injecting or snorting. So I switched.

and OMG it was terrible. I didnt take too much or use it in needles or snort it. I took as normal. I was taking the 20mg ones. I went back to DR and he didn't believe me at 1st. So I asked if I could come back when I am due to retake it and then show him what it is doing. He agreed. And when I took it. It caused the GI distress.

He was quite confused. But upon further investigation, and talking to the Purdue pharma nurse on the phone
she said . There are instances people who have been on long term opiate therapy have this problem. So I was switched back to standard Oxycontin.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds