Struggling to manage pain

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #29051 by aussie007
Replied by aussie007 on topic Struggling to manage pain
Hi

I wanting to know if anyone tried synvisc one or Durolane? These are knee injections for osteoarthritis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #29053 by fingers
Replied by fingers on topic Struggling to manage pain
Ah Bugger!!!! I just typed a huge reply but it disappeared when I clicked on quote... GRRR let me try to repeat it.

Johnno wrote: Hey Fingers ,
I would have thought that patches depending on your bodies heat ,unfortunately I have a high body temperature and perspire at the slightest mention of 30deg I’ve heard if you perspire a lot they secrete more and can slide off.
Johnno

That's what happened to me! The bloody things wouldn't stick, so for a while, until my doc decided to try soemthing else, the pain was partying down like a group of teenagers on their first experience of grog. Not a good period of my life.

I have the exact same problem! in winter it is not at issue, but in summer I can not get the damn things to stick for more than a few hours on a hot day! more so with Fentanyl as they are much smaller, but with Norspan too. In summer I have to use another product to get them to remain on, I have been told by a pain doctor that this is okay. I remember one time I got so frustrated as it was pretty hot and I was constantly sweaty, I ended up using duct tape as nothing else would work.

When a patch says, lets use for example 25mcg/h, that is not an even constant dose, that is the average it releases over an hour. With body temperature, even if you perspire a lot if your core body temperature is in a high but still normal range you should be fine, only if you start to get a fever or something should you worry.

you dont take much pain relief do you....you manage well....i thought i manged well....i took of the patches......but i am now what they call is a prescription addict.....i cannot cope with life without Targin and endone when needed........also a couple of nerve ones. The patches are a bit addictive but what can you do........and yes i was told even with the chronic pain i have it is an addiction.........and think....come walk in my shoes..... you do what you can do to cope and servive....good Luck

I have been called a Benzo addict and an Opiate addict before. I am prescribed a total of 6mg of Clonazepam in three divided doses a day for many years now, if I take less my previous symptoms return, if anyone tried to take this drug away from my I would kick and scream to all of high hell because it is keeping my anxiety in check, I know without this drug I would be in a living hell. Luckily even though I have been on the same dose for many years I don't need to increase the dose. Same with my pain medications, when I am on them I am fine, it stops the pain, but without them I can't function, I suffer from a rare genetic connective tissue disorder in which the main problem is pain. Am I an addict? I think it depends on what you believe an addict is. Some people think I am an addict because I take large amounts of addictive medication, but I take my medication as prescribed by my treating doctor who knows my history and what I take, I don't use extra medication to get high or to abuse it, I am open and honest with my doctor and don't hide anything. There is no doubt that I am dependant on my medication but I do not think I am an addict, sure I don't want to stop it, but it is treating a medical problem.

I choose to believe that I am not an addict for the reasons I stated above, I believe I am in the same situation as say a diabetic or someone with schizophrenia, would you say that those people are addicted to their medications? I take the medication I need so I can lead a relativity normal life, and I treat the medication like any other medication. The reason I do this is because I do not think it is healthy to obsess over the guilt that is put out there by being on these "addictive" medications, I am a legitimate chronic pain patient that has tried everything feasible to manage my pain without strong medication, if I am an addict, that everyone else who takes long term medication to manage a chronic health problem is an addict too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EBWest

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #29054 by Duchess Dolly
Replied by Duchess Dolly on topic Struggling to manage pain
Yep hon we sure are....we can only do our best.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #29061 by fingers
Replied by fingers on topic Struggling to manage pain

aussie007 wrote: Hi

I wanting to know if anyone tried synvisc one or Durolane? These are knee injections for osteoarthritis

Sorry mate I know nothing about that one, I'll ask my mum I think she did something similar

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds