× This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

Stop Censoring Topics

More
4 months 5 days ago #30580 by batedbreath
Replied by batedbreath on topic Stop Censoring Topics
You are wrong Johno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 5 days ago #30581 by batedbreath
Replied by batedbreath on topic Stop Censoring Topics
You are wrong Johnno

More
4 months 5 days ago #30582 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Stop Censoring Topics

Angie069 wrote: I suppose the moderators don't want people influencing others with medications. From my understanding, this is a website where people post their personal experiences upon taking a certain medication, but not a means to influence anyone to get the actual medication...if that makes any sense.

I tried medical cannabis oil and it did nothing for me to relieve pain.

I suppose some people post sensitive information then it gets deleted or censored.

Hi Angie069,

You are partially correct. The Chronic Pain Australia forum is fully public and open to anyone on the internet. We do not have the capacity to employ doctors, scientists, pharmacists, or any other allied health professionals to moderate any of the topics here. Unfortunately, there are many people who suffer chronic illnesses who are quite vulnerable and who can be influenced to try out different medications or therapies, which could prove to be risky or even dangerous, thus causing injury or death.

If any of our members suffered injury or death and our organisation did nothing to try and stop the offending posters from selling their products or services, then we would be liable and open to prosecution.

Notwithstanding the obvious legal aspect, we actually do care about people who suffer from chronic pain and we care about their safety and wellbeing. So we guard this forum with great jealousy and refuse to allow anyone from selling any products or recommending any website or company that is a money-making enterprise, to be advertised here on the forum. Unless it has been scrutinised by the Board and they have granted permission for it to be publicised on the Forum.

If people wish to look for these sellers or providers, then they only need to go to Google and type in the topic and they will be furnished with thousands of suggestions.

Chronic Pain Australia reserves the right to protect its members. As Johnno has said above, all the moderating team suffer from chronic pain and we are volunteers. So we can only handle so much work and will not entertain people who refuse to follow the rules. This is a very easy forum to belong to and to post in. We just don't want people selling anything here and those who do post, know this, but post anyway, which is why they get their posts deleted and profiles canceled.

We welcome all new members and especially discussions on the many topics here, so please keep talking.

Thank you for raising this topic again.

Regards,

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
4 months 4 days ago #30585 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Stop Censoring Topics
See above

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
4 months 4 days ago #30586 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Stop Censoring Topics
Hi Batedbreath,

WRONG ?About what?

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #30704 by David W
Replied by David W on topic Stop Censoring Topics
Hi Peter i just was browsing through the forums reading about different people and issues and came across this post.

I would like to personally thank you for the way you handle yourself and the forum and i 100% agree with the values set here.
if someone wants to talk about certain issues great but I think that people using this forum to gain access to a market are lower than shark Sh*t.
Excuse the language but I have had to deal with this issue first hand and i have only congratulations on the way you handled this issue

Thank you for weeding them out

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.