Want to Have Your Say About the Health System!

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #18905 by Peter
Hi All,

Please see new link in the helpful links category in the lower part of this section below. Or follow the link:

www.chronicpainaustralia.org.au/index.ph...-health-system#18904

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: peppa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #28241 by Rhonnie W
Replied by Rhonnie W on topic Want to Have Your Say About the Health System!
I have worked in it for more than 40 years in the main Emergency Depts as a Nurse
No Comment...

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #30198 by Brett3
How lucky are we to have our Medicare system? Yeh maybe some people are on waiting lists way too long or even get taken off it without notice. But I can’t complain hasn’t let me down in the past 12 years. I do know I probably would be years dead now if it weren’t for Medicare or in debt. Kinda is part of health care. If only I had a health care card for my meds. Harpy

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #30245 by Johnno
Hey Harpy ,

Happy New Year 2020
Harpy are you on the PBS with medication if you are you only need 45 ro go to free for the balance of the year , I get to end of May and I have them free for the balance of the year last year until I hit 45 I paid $6.30 per script .

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #30246 by Brett3
G’day johnno,
Hope your new year brings you happiness.
Mine has started out pretty crappy with 32 stitches in my face after skin cancer , so had a very pretty black eye over Christmas. Now I have been told the margin wasn’t clear and the biopsy on my should that day is melanoma. So meeting with doc to talk more surgery, eek
No I am not lucky enough to be able to get a health care card. I Have to pay full price for my meds so a lot of the time we go without. Hence why we can’t afford air conditioning. Though I can cool a little with my feet in an esky of cold water lol lol
Would you know if those not on pensions are still eligible after they spend so much on meds? My husband now is on, blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol tablets. Something is going to have to give soon.
Thanks
Harpy

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #30247 by Johnno
Hi Harpy,

If you are on any kind of govt subsidy you could be entitled to have PBS not knowing your particulars I can’t comment except contact you local Dept. of Social Security either on line or by appointment they should be able to steer you in the right direction.
Obviously if you are self funded you would still be entitled to something

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.