Public Surgery waiting lists in SE-QLD

• DCAU
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #30205 by DCAU
Replied by DCAU on topic Public Surgery waiting lists in SE-QLD
So, things keep getting better and better.

Received a letter last week from the Hospital. They advised they were transferring me back to my GP (as they won't operate, can't do anything).

The letter said: "Following your appointment your care has been transferred to your GP. Please arrange an appointment with your GP to continue your care".

So, I booked an appointment based on that letter thinking they must have sent through the information about pain management, nerve root block etc etc.

Nope.

The Hospital still hasn't sent through information from my dermatologist appointment on October 1st (they did warn it would take 7 days - it's been 42 days), nor the information from the spinal surgeon.

My Dr called them up - it's still sitting on someone's desk.

Now, I'm sure they are overworked and understaffed. I have worked for QLD Health indirectly, and know that under a previous Gov, there were severe cuts to staffing levels at Hospitals (no front line cuts, utter rubbish). They still haven't recovered, but it's patients that suffer the most because of this.

But honestly, this is just completely ****ed.

Last two weeks have been hell. Until a couple of nights ago, I was getting three hours sleep at a time. Both my feet were swelling up to the point that they barely looked like feet. Pain was so much it was almost impossible to stand. Every step was like a blade was being pushed up through my leg and into my spine.

I am very cautious with opioid pain medication, but I have taken more in the last two weeks than in my entire life prior to that (but still being cautious).

Thankfully, I took notes during my previous appointments, so I've been able to get the ball rolling with some tests, but the length of time to get to even this point is almost at two years now.

I no longer even feel like I'm moving forward in regards to treatment - I'm actually going backwards.

Cheers (not really),
Darren
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by DCAU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #30207 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Public Surgery waiting lists in SE-QLD
Hey Daz,

PubLic health Qld you know there’s a guinea pig there but the wheel ain’t turning

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

• DCAU
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 months 1 week ago #30209 by DCAU
Yep.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #30230 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Public Surgery waiting lists in SE-QLD
???
Good old Qld health lets spend $1,000,000 to change a hospitals name but let’s forget about Drs , nurses, surgery and all other staff required .
If the prisons didn’t have air conditioning we could save millions Of dollars just put bars and mosquito mesh On the windows a steel door shuts in winter.
We need a new water pipeline to Warwick a couple of chain gangs would help keep the cost down we could also do the pipeline from Nth Qld just fit em out in pink overalls .

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

• DCAU
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #30234 by DCAU
The name change wasn't $1 million. I've seen two figures thrown around - $500k (ABC and The Guardian both from last year) and over $250k (The Courier-Mail from this year). The Courier-Mail is probably more accurate.

Using prisoners is out of the question. If even one of them escaped, the uproar from people and the opposition (whichever party is in opposition doesn't matter). Political suicide, even if both sides supported it.

Maybe Scott Cam could build it - I hear he's on a pretty good wicket courtesy of Scomo.

At $345k, he's costing us more than doctors and he has the experience.
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by DCAU.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.