Anyone had a cervical fusion ?

More
1 year 7 months ago #30033 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Anyone had a cervical fusion ?
Hey ,

Good luck.
Just make sure you do the physio and wear a neck brace .

Johnno
Oh and don’t fall over

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #30071 by amekassa
Replied by amekassa on topic Anyone had a cervical fusion ?

AJHAWES wrote: Heading in surgery on Monday @ 0800 :-)

Not sure what the waiting list is like down in NSW, but it's a long wait up here in QLD (even to get back in to see the neurosurgeon after all scans have been done). auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by amekassa.

More
1 year 5 months ago #30135 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Anyone had a cervical fusion ?

As if I don’t have enough problems with my lumbar spine, my neck and mid spine have decided to cause me issues. Cervical spine self fused at three levels, cord being compressed, Nuerosurgeon has injected without much relief so it’s off to see the orthopaedic surgeon in December
Attachments:

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #30444 by pamcarr
Replied by pamcarr on topic Anyone had a cervical fusion ?
hi, havent been around for awhile, but i have a cervical fusion, and i have spinal cord stim, i really recommend that anyone considering the implant really think about your pain, is is nerve pain, muscle pain, bone pain - where is it coming from?? because the stim will ONLY address nerve pain, i thought my stim would be the way to get my life back, wrong! it only helps with the nerve pain, and dont get me wrong, my night nerve spasms were 100/10 and they are now well managed with the odd spasms 3-4/10 but can lay down put the stim on diff mode and sorted, HOWEVER, i am plagued by the day to day pain from having muscle pain, bone pain, disc bulges etc ... the stimulator does nothing to manage these pain, and so i am still taking all the same meds, i need to spend most of my day in bed, as sitting and standing are not good for my pain

at the end of the day, i am still glad i have the SCS and it helps manage my nerve pain well, i just thought it would fix everything, it is marketed that way and that is the part that needs to be changed

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #30446 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Anyone had a cervical fusion ?
Hi Pam. My neck has self fused, it was causing a lot of pain and a visit to a orthopaedic and Nuerosurgeon plus a MRI showed only one level that had not fused at the time, it has since then fused and my neck pain has lessened considerably. Movement is very restricted, very little down, no upwards and I have to keep stretching the left and right to keep as much movement as I can.

My lower lumbar is where my Nuerosurgeon has recommended a stimulator implant but I’ve held off for your very reasons, not all my pain is nerve related and I’m very reluctant to go down the implant road. I have injections twice a year but even they are hit and miss, even after having bone scans to show up the ‘hot’ spots.

I’m so used to pain it takes an acute attack to get me onto the strong pain relief. I wish you well.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #30483 by pamcarr
Replied by pamcarr on topic Anyone had a cervical fusion ?
how are you going now Michael? did your neck fuse completely, without surgery?? or did they go in and fuse surgically
what did you decide about the SCS - yay or nah??
i hope you are doing okay

Pam

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.