Shingles, I can’t take it

• Brett3
  • Brett3's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #30275 by Brett3
Shingles, I can’t take it was created by Brett3
Please help, has anyone had shingles? I now have it coming from T/10 right around to centre of chest ( right under bra strap) coming into my 2nd week. I have tried icing, heat meds but today it got the better of me. My osteopath found the rash. He told me what it was so went to gp and he verified it and told me it was the stress of the skin cancer cut off my cheek and a melanoma off my shoulder. Melanoma is all clear thank heavens , gave me meds, but nothing is helping, would you have any tips I can try? Harpy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #30276 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Shingles, I can’t take it
Harpy,

So sorry to hear you have this accursed thing. I haven't got any answers for you, accept to say that if it gets too much you'll need to contact your GP again and ask them what to do.

Hopefully one of our members might be able to help you with some home remedy with the pain. I haven't had it, but I am a candidate for it unfortunately.

Please let us know how you get on and I hope it eases off for you very soon.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• Brett3
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #30277 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Shingles, I can’t take it
Thanks Peter, my gp did give me some panadene forte, but I really don’t like taking them, they make me so sick , nauseous and not to mention constipated . My mom can’t work out how I got shingles, she said none of us kids had chicken pox, I told her well I must have it to have let this shingles beast out. I will walk over the road a little later and sit on the steps of my daughters pool, hopefully the cold water will help a little. Thanks harpy

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #30278 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Shingles, I can’t take it
No probs Harpy.

Sorry I don't have any clues. If you do learn some way of easing your suffering, please post it here so that some us may be able to try it out when we have it.

I had chicken pox when I was a kid so I may end up with it yet. Hope not!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #30279 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Shingles, I can’t take it
Hi Harpy,
These Lidocaine patches are recommended for the neuropathic pain that accompanies shingles. They were designed especially for that purpose. All the best!
www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/85047/ne...caine-5-dermal-patch

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

• Brett3
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #30280 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Shingles, I can’t take it
Thanks Mary, I am back at osteopath tomorrow so will call in chemist and get some. Can’t go out today got pills in me belly and I won’t drive with endone or vallium in me. I used to work in a nursing home and would see the residents in agony when they had shingles and I would wonder why, Oh boy now I know why. Harpy

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.