Night pain

• Brett3
  • Brett3's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
1 month 1 week ago #30648 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Night pain
Yeh lucky I already had that appointment with the doc, my toes still very red but does look dryer and doesn’t hurt as much. Living in a rural area there sure is too much crap floating around.
Sorry you’ve flared up your back, does heat help or ice for you?
I had my injection in C5/6 perineural nerve. Was the best injection yet, just the initial anaesthetic sting , then the pressure of the steroid but was just for a sec, it worked a treat so far, funny thing was the full right side of my face/neck went numb ( like when you got to dentist) . So got the next one on Monday in my L5S1 epidural space.
Oh I feel for you in the car, that my most flarer upper. Hope your staying somewhere overnight and not going straight back. Lucky your partner is a nurse, she would be a wonder help. Do you actually put menthol on a wound? Oh my host that would STING. Take care

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #30649 by David W
Replied by David W on topic Night pain
The heat and ice helps for a little bit as does the tense machine but half hour later back the same.
So happy for you that the injection is working and good luck with the next one Monday.
Yep sure do use metho stings a bit but heals quickly.
She is a great help not that she can do a lot but very understanding of what I'm going through. My first wife left me because of my back and looking back it was a blessing now that o found my new to be wife 4 years later .
Anyways good luck Monday and may you be pain free

• Brett3
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
1 month 1 week ago #30651 by Brett3
Thanks David, I am so envious of you, having found a great partner and future wife. She sounds lovely, a real keeper.
So wish I had that , found out yesterday that my husband has been telling his work mates he will have to be my carer, as he has been telling them I will be in a wheelchair in 5 years. To be honest I’d Rather do myself in before he ever became my carer. If He gets up and I ask him to pass me or get me something while he is up, he will groan or do a rather obvious loud sigh and he will say I’m not going that way, but I have to get his beer he asks for when I get up. Dread the thought of needing a carer.
My right arm is basically useless since 1st injection and pain is horrendous. I have a dear friend picking me up to take me for my injection today, so I know I will get a few good belly laughs in . It’s not my normal pain dr it’s his off sider doing the lumber ones. Have a good day all

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #30652 by David W
I am so sorry to hear that your partner is like that.
You are a much better person than him and he should think himself lucky to have someone like you.
If it is dr ———————he is a very caring man .
Tell them about your pain and make sure they are aware of it before your back injection.
I do hope it goes well for you today and if I can do anything to help please let me know
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Johnno. Reason: We can’t name names as this is against what we are here for , we are here to support each other and you two DavidW and Harpy are really doing a great job keep it up but try not to name anyone

• Brett3
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
1 month 1 week ago #30653 by Brett3
Thanks again David, my husband has always been like that , he has a very short fuse and has put holes in walls and through the windshields of many cars. I can vividly remember about 5 months after my accident I just got home from work and was in so much pain that I was complaining, well all I got was ok Mona, where changing your name to Mona. So I haven’t mentioned my pain or what’s hurting to him since , but sometimes when I get up or move the wrong way I wince out in pain , he will ask what’s wrong? I just say “ nothing I’ll be right” but suppose I don’t have it as bad as some.
My left side L5/S1 went well, didn’t cause much discomfort ( except the fact you have to lay on your tummy , a big no no for me. I get the right side L5/S1 done Wednesday morning and the right side S1 foramen done Thursday then wait for a review. If my arm is still playing up they will look into it then, she said to give it two weeks to start working. Thanks for your ear, harpy

More
1 month 1 week ago #30654 by David W
No one has the right to talk or treat anyone like that.karma will catch up with him one day.
Well I hope that the injections go well for you and keep me up to date with how you are feeling.
Here's hoping you get the relief you deserve.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.