• Canjam
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #30040 by Canjam
Canjam medicinal journey was created by Canjam
Hey everyone.

My medicinal journey started just over a month ago, and I have to admit, it’s been my best month in a long time.

My GP suggested I go and be seen at the medicinal clinic, so off I go wondering what it’s going to be like. There were people there of all ages and the process was really straight forward. The GP had supplied pretty much my history in a few short pages. I addressed what medications and rehab I have been through. Approval was through in under a week with a message from the chemist of choice to pick up my scripts.

Firstly you start off with 1 drop of CBD morning and night and 1 drop of THC at night, and you can smoke/vaporize with the buds when required for extremely bad pain, bearing in mind no driving when on THC (driving and medicinal is still not something people know much about). I honestly didn’t think it was working that well at first but then I missed a dose and boy did I know. I’ve only ever missed 2 doses in over a month and they would have to be the 2 worst days I’ve experienced since starting medicinal.

Fast forward now at week 5. I take 5 drops of CBD morning and night and 6 drops of THC every night. I’m finding this seems to be my ok dose for now. My pain is still there, and that’s ok but I’m finding the shooting nerve pain isn’t daily anymore. I’m finding I’m doing more in my days when I’d become a couch potato whilst on other meds. The best thing is I’m sleeping all through the night again. It had been so long since that happened. The pain and movement would be unbearable, and now I’m well rested finally.

My surgeon is trying to put me back onto Lyrica pre-surgery due to the surgery I’m about to have which I’ve declined. I’ll soldier on and hope the medicinal can still give some relief post op (obviously I’m not kidding myself and know I’ll need pain medication too but here’s hoping nothing like Lyrica will be needed again).

Will come back and update once I up my dose more and also through the surgery I’m having and see if the cannabis helps in anyway.

Also, just Incase anyone was wondering about costs. The CBD was the dearest at $270 for 10ml, THC $150 for 25ml and the buds vary depending on how much you want. Think it’s $600 for 30grams. So costly but in my opinion worth it.

Feel free to ask me any questions :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #30041 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Canjam medicinal journey
Hi Canjam,

Thanks for the update. Will be very interested to hear more as you go on using this new drug.

I have a couple of questions from things that you said:

What is "the medicinal clinic?" Is this an approved medical clinic or some private business set up to sell the drug?

And at this "medicinal clinic," did you see a GP and was the medical cannabis prescribed by a GP?

Also, where did you get the medical cannabis from? Was it from your local pharmacy or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• Canjam
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #30042 by Canjam
Replied by Canjam on topic Canjam medicinal journey
Morning Peter,

From what I’ve seen, a lot of doctors just work in normal doctors practices, they’re a GP who can lodge the paperwork to the government to get approval for medical marijuana. The doctor I see has his own practice, with a nurse that goes through the approval process first. (Guess not exactly a “clinic” as such).

Where the doctor is, they have their own pharmacy there. It’s a [Name removed by Moderator] pharmacy and the approval goes through to them once processed, they get the scripts ready and all done through them. I didn’t hear about the approval from the doctor, I actually got a sms from the chemist to say my scripts are ready. I wasn’t able to take my repeats home, they keep the script on file at the chemist and from the experience the pharmacist had with it, I’d say only certain chemists can fill the scripts.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Peter. Reason: Cannot post the names of businesses.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.