• Angie069
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #30570 by Angie069
WARNING = THC 10/CBD 10 OIL was created by Angie069
Hi to all chronic pain sufferers,

I have decided to post here today a warning if you have been prescribed medical cannabis. If you have Raynauds or anything to do with heart, lung and circulatory issues, PLEASE be very careful if you have been prescribed CBD Oil with THC. I would personally NOT recommend to take this medication.

I had a very nasty reaction to the THC 10/CBD 10, causing me to have asthma, dizziness, nausea/vomiting, slurred speech, stuttering and stiffness of muscles (similar to rigor mortis). I got the all okay from my prescribing Doctor, but unfortunately CBD Oil can be unpredictive like I have experienced.

I feel better by warning people with similar medical conditions.

It takes up to 7 days for the medication to leave the system.

PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

Thank you for reading my post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #30571 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic WARNING = THC 10/CBD 10 OIL
Hi Angie069,

Welcome to the CPA Forum!

Thank you for coming along to give us some information regarding CBD 10 oil. We need more information on these drugs and how they affect people taking them. This is the discussion that Chronic Pain Australia wants to have with the community at large.

There are a number of different drugs out there that have really bad adverse effects on us when we are already taking certain medications and Cannabis will be no different. I think with this drug the jury will be out for a while on just how safe it is and how efficacious it is. I have read stories where chronic pain sufferers have been given their lives back after taking this drug, but then there are others like you, but the majority of stories I have heard, which aren't many I must admit, people say that the CBD oil is no different to any other drug. It works a little bit for a short while, then it stops working.

As for your warning, we must emphasise to all reading this post that you must never make any decisions based on what you read here, without first speaking to your GP and health professionals.

It is absolutely imperative that you do this because all medications affect all people differently and we cannot react to one person's experience without first doing our due diligence. I would hate to see any of you suffer bad reactions, but I would equally hate to see you lose the opportunity to try out another tool in the medication toolbox that could actually help you more than an Opioid type drug.

Anyway, great post, Angie, and I hope that others who have been prescribed this drug and have had a good or bad reaction to it, please post your experiences here.

Thank you!

Regards,

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• Angie069
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #30572 by Angie069
Replied by Angie069 on topic WARNING = THC 10/CBD 10 OIL
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply.

I went to see a Doctor who prescribes legal CBD Oil, I was given a referal. I was informed that a lot of people have good pain relief from the CBD Oil, but unfortunately I fall in the "negative" criteria and statistics of this drug.

I have tried so many medications to ease my pain. I have even tried Fentanyl patches which I asked for a detox as it did not ease my pain and it was so addictive for me physically. CBD Oil is very addictive as well as I am going through withdrawal symptoms from it.

I have not read anyone's opinion or post in regards to CBD Oil and I do agree wholeheartedly that we all must seek professional medical advice prior to taking a new drug. It was a very scary experience for me.

I wish you well and once again, thank you for replying.

I wish everyone well who reads my post and God bless.

Angie069

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #30573 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic WARNING = THC 10/CBD 10 OIL
Yes, I saw that you were prescribed this drug. It seems you might be a bit like me when it comes to drugs, although I don't suffer addiction to them. I just get very sick. I have a chemical sensitivity and suffer some pretty strong adverse reactions to only small doses of some drugs, but to normal doses of others. It's the same with alcohol. I'm a one-drink man. Depending on the drink. I can have a beer and enjoy it, but with a full glass of wine, I'll have a hangover halfway through the glass. That's a full-on headache, nausea, mouth like the bottom of a cockies cage, etc. So, I don't have wine much and nor do I have any alcoholic drink much. I can drink liqueurs or a spirit in small amounts in ice or water, but that is rare for me.

I take Lyrica for neuropathic pain. All I can tolerate is 75mg once a day. Any more and I get sick. I have tried most of the stronger narcotic Opioids, which all make me sick. In fact, one lot sent me to the hospital with Serotonin Syndrome. That was Tramadol. Poison if you ask me!

So now I have small amounts of Codeine/Paracetamol and Pregabalin, which only helps with less than 20% of my pain. The rest I have to live with.

I have found that exercise is the best thing for me. I rarely sleep very well, but I am able to function on the sleep I have. If it were not for going to the gym twice a week doing movement exercises in a class for people who suffer chronic illnesses or old age, I would still be stuck in my prison at home staring at walls in too much pain to move. Now I can get out and about and do many things in the mornings that don't involve a lot of physical work, but then I'm pretty buggered by lunchtime.

Keeping my exercise up, not allowing any flare-up to scare me off doing things, keeping an inner peace, eating the best food and if my body says it's time to rest, I do as I am told. The medication is the smallest part of that daily routine. And if I can keep this up, I live a halfway decent life, even though I suffer moderate to severe pain 24/7 that never goes under 8 out of 10 on the Richter Scale. If we can't accept the pain and not see it as a threat, then we are in a lot of trouble.

As distressing as pain can be, in the end though, it is just another bodily response that we can choose to ignore. Of course, when it's bad it must be listened to, but the humdrum of chronic pain can actually be quietened down a bit if we learn to accept it and then get on with our lives regardless of the pain.

Take care and keep talking. Hopefully, someone will read this conversation and add to it. I am very interested in knowing other people's experiences and thoughts.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• Angie069
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #30574 by Angie069
Replied by Angie069 on topic WARNING = THC 10/CBD 10 OIL
Hi Peter,

Wow!!! You and I are the same when it comes to chemicals and alcohol. I too was sent to the hospital for having seretonin syndrome after taking Tramadol. The worst part was that it was Mothers Day. Being that I have Raynauds, I am not able to tolerate many medications, especially the ones that constrict blood vessels. I was prescribed Lyrica and felt very sickly after a few minutes from taking it. I have been on strong medications for many years now and I have developed a physical dependance. Unfortunately, it is something I cannot control. I do not have a mental addiction as I do not crave medications mentally, but my body needs them to function (not my mind)...if that makes any sense.

On a good day, my pain would be a 3 on the pain scale. Most days, I am on a 8 -10 24/7. I too suffer from nerve pain (chronic pudendal nerve pain).

It is sooooo hard to cope with chronic pain daily and nightly, we just need to be positive and distract our mind and body with exercise, laughter and hobbies. I pray for you Peter.

God bless.

Angie069

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.