Am I The Only One I Here???

• Acu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 10 months ago #29350 by Acu
Replied by Acu on topic Am I The Only One I Here???
I have been lucky. I only needed a pin for a fractured hip, but it has been an interesting and painful experience, using a walking stick now. Pain still keeps me awake when lying down in bed.
I have an interesting background in metaphysics and spirituality which helps me to endure. If you are interested I can put you wise on what you can do. Acupuncture is worth trying for neck pain.
I do not know what a moderator does, my experience with websites has been how they are very sensitive when I mention my book as though I am advertising it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #29351 by Ketamine Karen
Replied by Ketamine Karen on topic Am I The Only One I Here???
Acu I think it's really interesting that you are obtaining relief from metaphysics and spirituality. You must have some really cool information to share, impressive. I have tried acupuncture for my neck and it wasn't helpful. Everyone is different.

When I was in hospital for my treatment I was surprised at how young the other patients having the treatment were. And I thought how can they be in so much pain when they are so young? Apparently easily, and it's really common. Who knew?

So on that basis can I make a suggestion without offending anyone? I think this forum needs an injection of young people. No young person in pain wants to be hanging out with "the oldies". It's like putting young people with disabilites into old peoples' homes. It's always happened but it's wrong on so many levels. I might be totally wrong but when I read Bella's message, from her name, I made the assumption she was young and probably wanted to make contact with someone her age, and not a grandfather.

As I said it is an assumption and I am happy to accept that I could be totally wrong in my presumption related to the name Bella. However I do believe that the forum needs a breath fresh of air to help the "youngies". And no, that young person isn't me, I have no agenda.

Acu I am also not "selling" anything.

More
1 year 10 months ago #29356 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Am I The Only One I Here???
Hi Acu & Karen,

I’m a moderator and unfortunately this is a public forum and the board decided a looooong time ago when dinosaurs ? ? ruled that selling , advertising, promoting etc etc wouldn’t be allowed , you can private message anyone you want with a sales pitch but it has to be kept of the forum .
Sorry but theyse the rules peeps.
We also have a page for under 25s solely for them only

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 year 10 months ago #29358 by Ketamine Karen
Replied by Ketamine Karen on topic Am I The Only One I Here???
That's great that you have a page for under 25's. Maybe it needs to be under 28's or 30's? And somehow highlighted so it is easy to be found when people of that age are looking at connecting with others in their demographic. They are so online savvy that they expect a site to be clear, crisp and easy to navigate. They aren't used to hunting for information they have grown up with it "one click away".

I am not sure why I was included in the "selling/advertising/promoting" comment. Maybe there is something going on that I don't know about? I have nothing to sell and no interest in having contact with anyone who is selling something. I thought this forum was for support and information sharing. I would be very disappointed if there was somewhere here selling something.

Cheers,
Karen

• Acu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 10 months ago #29359 by Acu
Replied by Acu on topic Am I The Only One I Here???
Thankyou for the comments. I have just had my 94th. birthday. I fell and fractured my hip in March and finally able to walk about using a walking stick . It has been an interesting and painful experience, the chronic part is the pain lying in bed, just enough to disturb sleep.
I am fit and well in other ways, which I attribute to my being a member The Aetherius Society through which there are ways of accessing the power of healing .I published a book which is still on the computer to send to anyone asking for it.

More
1 year 10 months ago #29360 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Am I The Only One I Here???
Sorry if you think I was a bit short but we have to be very mindful of all sorts of potential sales pitches so I apologise and Karen your last line saying “Acu I’m not selling anything either” got me .
re the page for under 25s is on the general discussions page
You go to
forum home
General discussions it’s directly under that .

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.