• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #30293 by Peter
Palexia Recall! was created by Peter
Dear Members,

Please see below email sent to our President Mr. Jarrod MacMaugh from the company that makes Palexia. The recall is due to some missing printed information on the blister packs of the affected batches. There is nothing wrong or different with the product/medication. This is purely an issue with printed information, which could cause some people to be confused with which medication they have in their hands if they take the blister pack out of the box.

NOTE: There is nothing wrong with the medication. This is a precautionary recall due to missing printed information on the blister packs.

If you have any concerns at all, just speak to your Pharmacist.

Email here:

Dear Jarrod,

I am writing to notify you of the below Palexia SR 100mg Product Defect Correction, which will be advertised in consumer media from Monday. As it may impact some of your members I wanted to provide Chronic Pain Australia advance notification.

PRODUCT DEFECT CORRECTION (Class II recall)
TGA Recall Reference Number: RC-2020-RN-00148-1
Palexia SR 100mg tablets (28 pack)
Lot: 985P01 (Exp: 31/01/2022)
AUST R: 165346

Seqirus Australia Pty Ltd, in consultation with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), is issuing a Product Defect Correction, requesting pharmacists and patients visually inspect and verify the contents of the pack from Palexia SR 100mg tablet lot 985P01.
PALEXIA® SR 100 mg tablets are packaged in a blister foil contained in a product carton. Printed on the blister foil is the name and strength of the product. In the case of some packages of PALEXIA® SR 100 mg tablets, the print appears faded or is absent.
This Product Defect Correction has been initiated as a precautionary measure as the absence of product information on the blister foil compromises the identity of the product and presents the risk of product mix-up and accidental misuse. There is no impact to the quality or efficacy of the actual tablets themselves.
This product defect correction is an inspection and return and only applies to product with faded or missing print on the blister foil.
Consumers in receipt of the affected lot (985P01) are asked to check the pack(s) in their possession, and if the blister print is faded or absent, return it to the dispensing pharmacy for replacement.
Pharmacists are asked to check packs from the affected lot at the time of dispensing to ensure all strips are clearly identified.

For further enquiries consumers and pharmacists may contact Seqirus Customer Service (1800 008 275) or Seqirus Medical Information (1800 642 865).

Peter Gregory

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.