Introduction

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #11707 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Introduction
Good on you Toni, little known fact that here in SA most of the really big shopping centres have a free gopher and wheel chair program for customers, as long as you book well in advance to make sure you get one, My gopher is too heavy to get in and out of the 4x4 so this option makes going shopping a lot easier, it's just a pity that councils that have tourist or family areas say the beach front don't offer a similar service.

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #11709 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Introduction
Hi Toni,

Welcome to the CPA Forum.

Really sorry you are suffering like you are. And worse still, your home is no longer practical for you, which must be heart breaking. It's one thing to suggest buying or building another home, when most people simply cannot afford such a thing. It would be better if you could learn to cope with living in the home you already have.
And Toni, believe me, most of us have had many days where we would simply rather not be on this earth. I think that is a common part of our thought processes, especially when we suffer the problems with dealing with health professionals who don't seem to care.
But, because we are strong people, we hang on.

And don't ever be afraid to come in here looking for some emotional support, because we all need it regularly!

Do you have a stair case inside your home?
If you do, have you considered looking into a stair-lift?

I'm not sure what they would cost, but they could have some form of discount for disability pensioners, or maybe doctors certificates and recommendations may get you a medicare rebate for this sort of home aid. It's worth looking into.
Here's the link to an Aussie company that supplies these devices: www.emprisestairlifts.com.au/

Not sure if it will help, but it might be worth a look into.

Anyway, take it easy and hopefully the pain clinic will teach you some great self-management skills.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• lubbing5cherubs
  • lubbing5cherubs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
8 years 1 month ago #11710 by lubbing5cherubs
Replied by lubbing5cherubs on topic Introduction
THanks Peter, I don't have any internal steps. Only front and back. IT very frustrating. I did have an awesome day with the scooter. something never thought I ever use. but am so glad swallowed my pride and did it make shopping so much easier

More
8 years 1 month ago #11716 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic Introduction
Hi Toni
Way to go hit that Christmas list with the big guns it has no chance of survival. :cheer: I hope it was a fun day for you.
Is there a Home Assist Secure office near you they can help with making homes safe and add changes so that it is easier for you to move around the house, such as ramps, railings, etc. Not sure what they would do with a high house but they have all the ideas and they do inside as well.
Glad you found the world out side again. Hopefully there isnt a flare up after it.
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lubbing5cherubs

• lubbing5cherubs
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
8 years 1 month ago #11718 by lubbing5cherubs
Thanks wendle, no it did not end up in a flair as my daughter had s birthday so we went for tea. We had a drunk arrive at our table at the beach. And we decided to make a run to the car. And hubby was afraid for our 4 teenage daughter so he was hurrying me like crap. That caused a massive flair as back spasmed and locked up in the car in the rush. And physically had to push through as this eek was trying to get in my car. That hurt bad.

• lubbing5cherubs
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
8 years 1 month ago #11722 by lubbing5cherubs
Today for me be quite an eye opener of my future. My doctor filled out forms to put me on disability, a permanent car disabled parking been issued and in the new year an occupational therapist is coming to my home to fit rails, stair lift and aids to make my house and home life more accessible for me. I knew things were not right but not this far from right. :/. Apparently the pain clinic a long wait here too so she putting me through as high priority.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.