New Member - This is my story

More
8 years 1 week ago #12437 by BIY
Replied by BIY on topic New Member - This is my story
Thanks Peter for explaining about a multi-disciplinary pain clinic and the role of medication so well.

Great pain diagrams Don.

Good work Di in your lessons on how to put diagrams and pics into the forum :)

:) Fee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #12483 by kebsa
Replied by kebsa on topic New Member - This is my story
great reply Peter bu i can remember a time when i would not have like it so much when i was still looking for a fix it solution. I takes a while to realize that life goes on even ith CP- the funny thing is i can remember really struggling nd wondering how i would survive but since then i have other CP problems ( i fractured 3 vertabrae in a fall) and the MS etc- life is more complicaed and yet i manage better most of the time. I remember seeing charts like Grappers too and now i think they are very good but orignally i would have ben looking at them saying they made sesne and showed why it was important to get the pain in control sooner rather than later! how things change. I think a big part of any chronic helath problem including CP is just accepting that bothing says we are entitled to a perfect life and hat perfector not life goes on so its up to us to make the best of it- i thik it natural though tht it takes a long time for many to get to that point

More
8 years 1 week ago #12487 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic New Member - This is my story
thanx Don and Peter it was good to read and see the diagrams it really puts CP in its place.
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

More
7 years 11 months ago #14034 by Aetherone
Replied by Aetherone on topic New Member - This is my story

Raphael wrote: I know this might sound stupid, but i don't want to get caught up in the 'pain killer merry-go-around'. I would never take anything strong than codeine and even that i take sparingly.

Late to the party as always for me :)
Hi Angela!
Dont be afraid of high strength painkillers, they can be a very useful tool for calming a hyperactive neural system and enabling additional, useful therapies. Just keep in mind that they are dangerous and should be used with caution but can be of extraordinary value when used appropriately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mary

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.