Prostatitis

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #13375 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Prostatitis
Brian must say I have never heard of this ailment either, anything affecting the groin area is going to be painful and to have it constantly I can't begin to imagine, before you decide on any treatment do your research thoroughly there are too many people out there who take advantage of vulnerable people.

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #13379 by BIY
Replied by BIY on topic Prostatitis
Hi Brian,

Unfortunately CPA can't give out any medical advice as this forum is purely for members to share their own experience and to support each other in empathy.

What works for one person will not necessarily work for another unfortunately. We have found that for some members for example, a Ketamine infusion helps really well with their pain, but for others; well, they have had disastrous experiences. It's the same with medications.

You could try putting into Google the name of your treatment followed by the word "review" and it may bring up people's opinions and experiences of this particular treatment. Also a search in Google can lead to forum posts that are specifically for your particular condition that may then lead to information of what different people have tried.

I have found this a helpful tool in researching my own condition which is also not a common one on the CPA forum.

It may also be helpful to seek out a 2nd opinion from another medical practioner or ask them where you could get further information about this particular treatment from.

Unfortunately, when a condition has become chronic, there is often not a magic cure to fix it, and, at best, merely treatments to help bring down the pain levels to a more manageable level. This is where pain management clinics come in handy too for helping with this.

I am wary these days of treatments that offer a total cure to a chronic condition and, if it was me, would be doing lots of research on this treatment before undertaking such a cost. You could also ask the clinic for statistics of their success rates and any medical evidence or published medical journal articles they have to support their method of treatment. If they are credible treatment providers, they should not mind providing this information.

Best wishes,
Fee
The following user(s) said Thank You: grappers, pain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.