Heart palpitations

More
7 years 11 months ago #13511 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Heart palpitations
Hi Oxy,

I think it is really important for you to speak to your Dr. about all of this. You have said before that she is really good and understanding. She can't help you if you don't let her know. You can get up to 10 visits to a psychologist who can help you with pain management on Medicare for nothing. Your GP can organize it quite easily, so please think about having a chat to her. The psychologist will be able to give you pain management techniques and also help you with strategies to cope with what is going on at work.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oxytotem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #13513 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Heart palpitations
Oxy yes trialled methadone, and what a big mistake that turned out to be, they were slowly reducing my kapanol while increasing methadone, then I had this reaction like the worst withdrawals you could imagine, they thought it was the kapanol so increased the methadone, symptoms doubled, methadone was the cause straight off methadone and back onto my usual kapanol strength and within 2 days all was back to normal.
If your not comfortable going to emergency have a good talk with your doctor, I have found female doctors are a bit more understanding than males when it comes to CP, and I don't she will see as an irritation You know you can get 6 free visits through Medicare to see a psychologist all you need is your doctor to refer you to one.

Don

More
7 years 11 months ago #13559 by weather
Replied by weather on topic Heart palpitations
Hi Oxy,

sorry for the late reply, had a insomnia for 11 days that got me so run down I got a shocking sinus infection and then the terrible change in weather down south flared my Fibro up like it was the middle of winter, been cruising on a 7/10 pain wise and I do misread things from ADD, so sorry. WE all need to vent.

I'm new here and I'm so glad I found this place, people without CP generally just don't understand, don't care or sympathise for a while and you really discover who your true friends are. I can count them on one hand now, one that shocked me was my best friend who had severe sciatic for 1 year. She was pretty much stuck on the lounge room floor and I visited her literally every second day even though it was a 40KM round trip for over a year until she recovered. Do you think I hear from her?

My point is that I had a hard time during that period 2.5 to 3 years ago BUT work wise it was the complete opposite. The new laws in place make HR take these things VERY seriously so if the head Chef is your direct boss have a sit down chat with him and get a letter from your Dr. to show him, don't rock the boat but tell him first if you're taking it to HR. There is nothing worse than your boss finding out something from HR first regardless of what it is. HR absolutely have the right to know what you're dealing with and how much it's stressing you out, they might even offer you free counselling which they are not allowed to gather ANY information from, it's completely anon, unless otherwise stated so do check that. Also tell your boss that your not doing this as a reflection on him at all but you just wanted to let him know first. Cover your bases, tell him whats been happening and how it's impacting you, also include that in writing with your Dr's. letter to send to HR and try and send it off literally minutes before you meet to talk via e-mail, so he doesn't hear from them 1st. Tell him the others are stressing you out and if you feel bullied TELL HIM. That crap does not fly anywhere anymore. It might be a good idea to show your Dr your letter too.

Just an idea oxy, I went through this years ago when I was 25 and didn't do anything about it, I was too far gone and just quit. The protection back then was pretty useless.

I hope you're feeling better

I react to 80% of medications very differently to others, DO NOT EVER let one one MY stories EVER stop you from trying something. We are all so different. It might be the key to relieving your CP. May your trip on The-Med-Go-Round be a short one!

More
7 years 11 months ago #13567 by BIY
Replied by BIY on topic Heart palpitations
I hope you were able to get some sleep in the end Weather.

Best wishes,
Fee
The following user(s) said Thank You: weather

• Oxytotem
  • Oxytotem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #13573 by Oxytotem
Replied by Oxytotem on topic Heart palpitations
Spoke to head chef, he just said he had to do it cuz someone mentioned something and so he doesn't feel guilty if I end up dead in a gutter somewhere..o how nice to have the prick back!as long as nothing effects my file or general progression I'm not too fussed,but will still be havin a word with HR about disciplining whoever told those lies.god I can't wait to sell this house and get the hell out of here!

More
7 years 11 months ago #13582 by weather
Replied by weather on topic Heart palpitations
OK Oxy,

that is beyond disgraceful, start a journal ASAP logging every incident, get the Dr's note and your letter and send them to HR. NO ONE should ever be bullied in their work environment. Also go through your union for legal advice on how to proceed even if you're not a member, I'm sure they'll be of help even if you don't give your name and place of employment. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this, I've been through it too. There should be someone available to talk to on the weekend at the union office because you're in hospitality. Good luck because you just can't speak to people like that. Ask the union exactly what your Dr. needs to supply to HR.

I wish you all the best but these situations can open a can of worms :(

I react to 80% of medications very differently to others, DO NOT EVER let one one MY stories EVER stop you from trying something. We are all so different. It might be the key to relieving your CP. May your trip on The-Med-Go-Round be a short one!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.