It is a lonely journey we make
Watching the watering points and gidgee trees slip by
mountains and towns soon take their place,
but these I do not know.
I hold onto images of home.

The journey takes me to places filled with sadness,
cold lonely places.
A place where you are so alone,
alone with the pain and worry that has become your life.

It is easy to hide it all when you are surrounded by love
but alone there is no shield, no support.
This journey we take, so many of us must take,
It is a hard lonely one.

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oxytotem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #13595 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic The journey
Yup, hard being on this journey alone with no support. But alone we will do it, nonetheless!

Great poem Wendles!

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendles

More
8 years 3 months ago #13602 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic The journey
Unfortunately Mrs Shingles, there are many of us who travel this road very much alone without any support, save and except for places like this forum.
In my case, I live in a small country town 4 hours away from all family. I have no friends or relatives to call on, except to chat to over the phone. I do have my teenage children in a shared care arrangement, but still, they are not adults and can only offer very limited support due to their immature years. They do the best they can considering their situation.

But, life has its ways of balancing out the equation. And I have my Faith too, which is my mainstay. If I didn't have that, I am not sure what my status would be at this point in time.

I know of many people a whole lot worse off than me, who live totally isolated. God only knows how they survive. But survive they do. It is a true testament to their strength of character and I take my hat off to them.

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #13604 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic The journey
We are alone, unless a family member or friend is in the same position as yourself, they can never understand what we go through each and every day, pain creates loneliness, pain is individual to each person and never the same, so are we alone, yes, we each have our separate struggles.

Don

More
8 years 3 months ago #13605 by BIY
Replied by BIY on topic The journey
Hi Wendles,

Did you write this poem yourself? It's very lovely and I wondered if we had a poet in our midst? I am in awe of people who have the gift to write poetry. It would make a great distraction technique away from pain, but at the same time, the hard bits of life (in this case CP) would add a depth and richness to the versus.

Thank you for sharing,
Fee

More
8 years 3 months ago #13610 by Florrie
Replied by Florrie on topic The journey
That bought tear to my eyes....just beautiful :)

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.