ARACHNOIDITIS

• grappers
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #14193 by grappers
ARACHNOIDITIS was created by grappers
Di I don't know whether this refers to how you contracted Arachnoiditis, the Federal Government has told Glaxo Smith Kline to set up a fund to support those affected by the dye used in xrays causing Arachnoiditis, here is the link to the story
www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/gla...cz7kyc-1226579441171

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14205 by di
Replied by di on topic ARACHNOIDITIS
Hi Don,

Thanks for putting that up for me. I've had my 3 year old niece staying since Friday and haven't had time to look at anything!! :silly:

The Arach cases they're referring to are pre 1987 as the dye in mention was removed from the market then.
It's a terrible tragedy for the thousands of innocent people, world wide, left suffering a life long sentence of Chronic Pain.
Maureen (the lady in the picture) is a lovely lady who works so hard for all Arachnoid's. She's been the lady that has helped me with information and direction along the way. :)

To answer your question if it refers to me Don; No it doesn't. :)
My arachnoiditis was from hemorrhaging during my L5-S1 back surgery in 2010.

Hope all's good with you. xo
Di ♥

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #16268 by di
Replied by di on topic ARACHNOIDITIS
Get it off the chest time... :silly:

Total Permanent Disability (TPD)

My insurer has asked why I’ve had these (TPD) forms since 2011 but only put them in 2013?

How can you explain to an able bodied and healthy person punching you in as an client number in their computer how it feels to have to admit your life is over as a health, normal person for ever?

Do you tell them that you had picked up and looked at those forms several times and felt nothing but anger and pain that it was all so final and felt like giving up on myself? I can’t even remember when I ceased using the word nightmare for my situation and now call it my ailment.

Then there’s wishing for the miracles the doctors missed or a magic pill that works to give me my old life back…

I can tell them these past few years were spent in every one of these dark places at one time or another plus others I won’t even put to print.

I can also tell them that I just didn’t give a rats razoo about the bloody TPD because I had other, more pressing things on my mind!

I really needed to get my head into the right space to handle and accept this massive transition my life was going through. My life depended on it! I've worked hard and am learning how to manage my ailment and Chronic Pain through Pain Management.

The Insurance Company will get the simplified reason;
My case officer for my income protection at the time suggested he send the TPD forms out to me and I agreed to it, but I've had to wait for a while for all the above reasons and probably many more emotions as well.
More importantly, for me, the time is now appropriate and right.

Thanks for you ear CP’ers
As you were!

Dear Insurance Companies’
We’re going through great changes in ways that can never truly be understood by anyone who hasn't walked themselves in our shoes.

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by di.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Retread, gemini

More
7 years 11 months ago #16270 by Retread
Replied by Retread on topic ARACHNOIDITIS
I think you have quite eloquently stated what a lot of us would like to say. Thank you.

I am TPI, mil version of TPD i guess.I first applied to DVA for help many years ago, and went through bureaucratic hell. In the end I just couldn't deal with it and walked away.
Fortunately a friend who had been through the system took up my case, and eventually, decades later, help was at hand. I just could cope with the crap on my own.

I really hope the same outcome for you, and that help is on the way.

From what I can see of the situation that a lot of CPer's are going through with WC etc, we really need an independent body (Lawyers are TOO expensive), to take up the cause, maybe i just live in a fairyland?

Anyway Di all the Best, and keep in touch.

Retread
The following user(s) said Thank You: di

More
7 years 11 months ago #16271 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic ARACHNOIDITIS
So well said Di!

I hope that somewhere in the next few days, you get some sense of relief now that you have done it.

And you are correct Retread; we definitely need an independent body to take care of all the hell that people have to go through.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: di

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.