• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 1 month ago #15137 by illeatyu
New symptom was created by illeatyu
Guy's

I have a new fun symptom, I have crippling pain in my elbows, it is an ache that reduces me to tears, my doctor has no idea where it is coming from, and I saw an rheumatologist today and he has no idea. It's not referred pain from my back, it's not oestio arthritis, it's not rheumatoid arthritis, it's not my neck, it's not tennis elbow, it's not RSI.

So now we know what it's not does any one have any idea what it might be, I came back from the doctors today and the pain was so bad after the exam that I took 10mg oxy, and 2 panadeine forte on top of the 75 lyrica and I still can't handle the pain.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm going for a full body isotope scan when I can get in, but it would be nice to go back to the doctor with some suggestions.

Thanks

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #15138 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic New symptom
This is a strange one and in both elbows at the same time, all I can think of is sensitised nervous system, if you have no swelling or fluid build up, I can tell trapped nerves in the shoulder can cause elbow pain but your arms also go to sleep when you are relaxed from too much fluid in the fluid sack in the shoulder joint called bursitis.

Don

More
8 years 1 month ago #15139 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic New symptom
If they can't find anything else at all, then you can probably put it down to your chronic pain. I have pain that moves all over the place, although I must say I have never had it in my elbows! I used to get really worried, but no so much now. I do have a hip replacement that is 15 years old, so every time I get pain in that region, I am convinced that it is "gone". So far it hasn't been, but I have no idea how I will know when it does either.

I am sorry that I haven't been much help. I hope they don't find anything but it would be good if they could get you better pain relief for it!

I guess that you would have tried things like hot or cold packs etc.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 1 month ago #15140 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic New symptom
Thanks guys,

I've tried hot packs, cold packs, NSAIDs, crying, nothing works even the Lyrica is not doing too well against it.

Sometimes it sucks to be special.

:(

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #15141 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic New symptom
Agreed!! Have they discussed increasing your Lyrica? If you think that it does anything at all, it might be worth a shot. If you don't think it is having any effect, then probably not.

Mary

Just had a thought. I know it's not your neck, but have you tried putting a hot pack there anyway. If you can break into the cycle, it might help somehow. I am just thinking outside the square - it can't be coming from your hands, so the other direction makes more sense. The central nervous system is up there too!

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Mary.

More
8 years 1 month ago #15180 by kebsa
Replied by kebsa on topic New symptom
sorry to hear that you are having such "fun" with your poor elbows- i think mary and grappers have given ou the most logical answer, thats its part of the whole chronic pain syndrome!-the hot packs may help a little- we tend to hold muscles tighter in a limb that is painful, that eventually adds to the pain so if the hot packs can help relax those pain ful elbows a little it may help some and sometimes it is a case of any little bit of relief you can get!

hope the lyrica kicks in and it eases of for you

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.