SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN WITH NO SOLUTIONS!!! HELP

• MrsBlack96
  • MrsBlack96's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #15394 by MrsBlack96
Replied by MrsBlack96 on topic SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN WITH NO SOLUTIONS!!! HELP
Also i forgot to add, i have seen numerous surgeons & pain units in Adelaide SA (which is where i live) & they have no idea what it is or how to treat it.
I got put onto pain patches which the small doses did nothing & when they put me on a higher does my body overdosed on it & i had a complete freak out & ended up in hospital.
There just doesnt seem to be an answer
I have tried Accupuncture but have recently been researching & have found something called ACUPTOMY which is a mix between accupuncture & surgery. Has anyone else heard of it or had any experience with it??

Alicia :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #15395 by J Bunyan
Replied by J Bunyan on topic SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN WITH NO SOLUTIONS!!! HELP
OMG I hope there is someone who may be of help to you. I will keep you in my prayers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrsBlack96

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 weeks ago #15397 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN WITH NO SOLUTIONS!!! HELP
Yesterday on The Adelaide Now news site there was interesting research coming out of America, scientist can now map the pain path in the brain using MRI, the tests were done on none pain patients by applying heat at different levels to patients arms, they are hoping this will now lead to new treatments and also weed out those who abuse the system, it is still in the early stages of testing, fingers crossed this will lead to new treatments in the not too distant future.
It will also stop all this judgemental attitude that pain is a mental problem, when it is a disease.

Don

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 weeks ago #15398 by grappers
Mrs Black96 there are a few of us on this site who have the same problem in regards to medication, after numerous drug trials some of the meds actually rewired my brain causing me to become a very violent person, others just caused severe side effects, I became that depressed during these trials I was forcibly admitted to hospital because I was suicidal, uncontrolled pain and shocking side effects drove me to breaking point.
The pain management Doctors did not now what to do, everything they tried just backfired, that's when I was put on the waiting list for the stimulator, 2 years of waiting for the trial and then another 8 months after the trial for the final implant.

Don

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #15399 by Peter
Hi Don,

Sounds like good news. My only concern with anything like this, is that they prove it is fool-proof and the every single human being tested that this will always 100% of the time work effectively. My fears are like with all these types of tests, what about the 'what ifs?'

What if there are people who truly suffer chronic pain, but somehow this test does not work or gives a false result?
Then that person if on a pension, could end up at best without a pension, but at worst, end up in prison for defrauding the govt.

If it ever works and is reliable, then I would only ever like to see it used in a diagnostic capacity, not as a tool to find out whether or not a patient is ripping the govt off.

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 weeks ago #15400 by grappers
I agree, so far every patient tested showed up on the MRI as experiencing pain, the good part is they know which part of the brain is affected which would mean treatments just targeting that area, I guess it will not be in our lifetime as these take years to perfect and of course there is always a funding issue when it comes to research into CP, and MRI's are out of the question where I am concerned.

Don

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.