• laniihoughton
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #15418 by laniihoughton
Dental braces was created by laniihoughton
Hello!

I have suffered from CRPS for several years now and it hasn't really improved. Its not the worst pain but it affects my everyday life. I have recently found out that I need dental braces, however I don't know if the pain will be bearable. I was just wondering if anyone had been through something similar because I need to make a decision very soon.

Thanks,
Leanne :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #15419 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Dental braces
Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the Forum!
Are you saying you have CRPS in your jaw or face area?
We have people here who suffer TMJ disorder and suffer badly. How braces will effect your pain I guess is an unknown.

I suffer this TMJ thing, but only moderately. And I don't think I could handle braces, because my teeth and gums hurt constantly.

Hopefully there may be someone who may be able to help you with their experiences. Either way, I do hope you enjoy being among a bunch of very supportive people.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #15421 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Dental braces
Hi Leanne,

If your CRPS is not in your jaw, then the braces shouldn't be an issue. From my experience (a long time ago) I remember some mild discomfort for a couple of days after each adjustment, but then everything felt normal. I had them done when I was 18 because some silly dentist had removed the wrong teeth to "make room" for others. When I became a dental nurse, my boss explained that the way my mouth had been left could cause problems down the track, so I went off and had the braces fitted.

If the CRPS is in your jaw, then you may need to investigate further if you have doubts.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.