Saturday horrors

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15567 by Johnno
Saturday horrors was created by Johnno
What do you do when you want the pain to stop .

I have taken some pills to hopefully make it go away but they are slow to kick in .

I had a cortisone shot a few months ago I will see if I can have another one tomorrow

Sorry this is probably not the place to complain but I don't want to burden my wife anymore it has come back with a vengeance today .

I am going to enquire about the pain management course ,I have the book on how to manage your pain so all I need is guidance I hope

Sorry to burden you guys

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15568 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Saturday horrors
Hi Johnno,

Don't ever apologise for having a vent!! That's what we are here for. We know exactly how you feel and we will always understand. Take some extra meds. by all means but don't overdo it. Have you ever been taught some relaxation techniques? Or do you like listening to music. All that sounds basic I know, but it can help sometimes.

Pamper yourself as much as you can when you are like this. Anything at all that will relax or distract you may help, even if only a little.

A pain management course will certainly give you some help with managing when it gets really bad and it will also lessen the times that it gets like that. Knowledge is power as they say.

I hope you can get some relief and rest but remember we are here if you need someone to talk to.

All the best,

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnno

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 weeks ago #15571 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Saturday horrors
Johnno that's what we are here for and never feel guilty about complaining, what do I do when pain gets too much to handle and medication is not working, distraction, start doing something I enjoy that takes a lot of concentration to perform, nothing that is going to aggravate the pain, along with the others like meditation and relaxation techniques.
Usually worse when you have nothing to do to keep you busy and then there is only one thing to focus on and that's your pain.

Don

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15573 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Saturday horrors
I was doing what I enjoy and that's cook standing , sitting ,walking and driving are the only problems as my right hip is shot joints ok just the nerves ,bursa and the tears of gluteus of the pelvis on the right hand side .
So I just went and laid down on the bed and watched a couple of movies .
What gets me the most is not being able to do what I enjoy the most which means walking ,standing ,driving etc.
so it means I am in a rut which is hard to get out of I cried my eyes out for the first time in a couple of weeks which is something else that is hard to show ( feelings ).
Suppose I might have a hot shower and get into bed early.

Johnno

Sent from my iPad

On 20/04/2013, at 4:49 PM, Chronic Pain Australia <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15574 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Saturday horrors
It's ok to cry John. We all go through a kind of grieving process when we can't do what we used to be able to do. You did the right thing by watching a couple of movies because that would probably have relaxed you somewhat. The hot shower and and early night sound good too!

When you get into pain management, you may find that you are able to do some of the things that you used to do by virtually starting over with a tiny amount of time. You might also try to think of things that you like to do that don't cause pain or things that you have always wanted to do, but never got around to doing.

However, pain management is unfortunately not going to take the pain away altogether. Although if you get into a multidisciplinary pain management program, you may find that your medication will be tweaked a bit and that may help. The main thing is to go into it with an open mind and then anything is possible.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnno

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 weeks ago #15575 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Saturday horrors
Johnno don't ever feel ashamed about crying god only knows how many times pain has caused me to breakout in tears, it was hard to swallow in the beginning as I was brought up that men don't cry or show any feelings, but bottling it all up only causes more stress and pain.
I use a bar stool at times in the kitchen when there is a lot of prep work to be done, I love my cooking as well and if you get the time we have a cooking thread where you are more than welcome to contribute, you also have to pace yourself, I usually start preparing after breakfast as we eat our main meal around 2.00 pm, that way I am not rushing and overdoing it in one hit. I also love fishing and that can be very demanding with pain levels, it looks silly when we go fishing as my wife has to cart all the gear and I am left carrying a couple of rods, we do get some looks and shakes of the head, she doesn't mind as she loves fishing as well and I bought a new cart which I customised over several weeks that now holds every thing to make it easier for her.

Don

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.