Saturday horrors

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15606 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Saturday horrors
Yes 3 panadiene forte and a couple of osteo knocks the pain away a bit .
I was wondering why my right leg from the hip to shin feels uncomfortably painful every day almost like really bad sunburn I just get some painkillers and drown the pain away .
No one told me that this could be the after effects of shingles .
Should I go to another Dr for a second opinion .

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15608 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Saturday horrors
If that is the same area that your shingles was, then yes, I would. The meds. for that kind of pain are different to what you are taking and that could be why you are having trouble getting any real relief.

And please be careful with the amount of paracetamol that you are loading your liver up with! There is a lot of it in 3 panadeine forte and 2 osteos and it can be very dangerous.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15609 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Saturday horrors
Here is an article on the pain that can linger after an attack of shingles. There are many others too.

www.mayoclinic.com/health/postherpetic-neuralgia/DS00277

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15610 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Saturday horrors
Johno, it is also the symptoms of sciatica.

I have suffered sciatica in my left leg for over 50 years and it varies from deep seated pain in my bone, to muscle, to my skin feeling like someone had just poured boiling water over it. Often my skin is so sensitive that if you touch it, it feels like someone just scratched me with barbed wire.

I have never had Shingles, so I can't answer your question about that. But I can certainly tell you that sciatic pain down your leg can most certainly resemble what you have described.

So yes, best bet is go to the docs and get checked out. if it turns out to be sciatic pain and you don't have a lot of damage to your lower spine, then some good physio and PROPER exercises will do you the world of good, but you have to remember to always lift bending your knees. Once you have damaged your lower spine, there is no going back and you have to nurse it from then on.

If only people were taught to do that when we were all young children, BEFORE we injured our spines!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• Johnno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15611 by Johnno
Peter,

My injury is due to a fall and I have nerve damage in the right groin area the bursa on my right hip is a mess and I have partial tears of my gluteus minimus and maximus off my pelvis .
Approx twelve months after the fall I had a bout of shingles in the area injured .
The MRI" s , scans, x-rays etc show some age in the lower spine due to old age .
After reading what others are feeling I realised that this an ongoing symptom of shingles .
I may try another dr for a second opinion.
The problem with my diagnosis is the doctor who was treating me from workcover moved away after the surgery on my hip which was almost two years ago a new GP came along who didn't feel pain killers should be used (Indian) I crashed like a train wreck I was put on endone for a week then placed on the medication to help me to control the pain , I am on these now .
Work cover had me sent to a IME who didn't listen to me, saying in his report that I was doing no exercise whereas I was doing exercise bike at the gym along with aqua exercise and weights etc . Which was knocking me about , workcover then did a report stating I was fit for full duties and I have been trying to continue the roller coaster ride since I am on my second psychologist who has helped me understand that I am not nuts just in pain .
I went through cycles of believing that it was all imaginary and would go away and had highs and lows , I thought I was going crazy she helped me a great deal.
I didn't know that you could get so down that you !!!!!!!!!!!!
The IME also placed in one report that if my wrist didn't hurt before the fall why would it hurt afterwards ! When I fell into the pit I landed with my right hand outstretched and had tears of the TFCC which had a debridement approx 2 years ago which we hoped would work it didn't so in November last year I had an ulna shortening which when performed showed that all the bones in my hand were bruised and the TFCC was extremely inflamed .
But till now no one has been able to say that the burning sensation is due to ongoing shingle issues .
Mary I try to limit the pills but I had a cortisone shot this morning and the local anaesthetic had worn off

All good
Thanks for caring
Johnno

The following user(s) said Thank You: peppa

• Johnno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #15612 by Johnno
I see a sporting physio every fortnight , acupuncture 3 times a week , the Dr f/nightly and the psychologist every month so I think everything is covered .
My psychologist said that men have to stop pretending they are supermen and admit to hurting , took me a lot to agree to reduce my work hours to four days a week but we are in discussions about reducing it further I will see how I go

Johnno

The following user(s) said Thank You: peppa

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.