The dreaded depression is back

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 6 days ago #15863 by illeatyu
The dreaded depression is back was created by illeatyu
I have just spoken to my doctor and I have had to leave Egypt, it's a nice place to be but I can't live there. Most people with depression live on de nile, and it's a nice place to live, I have now moved out of de Nile and I have to go see a psychiatrist because we think my meds are not working any more.

Depression is an unfortunate companion of chronic pain, and it is very hard to control.

I was wondering if anyone else has depression mine is Major, yay me, and I am on 150 mg of dothep I was on 75 mg.

So what are you other depressed people on, what side effects are you seeing, any one on a new wonder drug.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 days ago #15866 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic The dreaded depression is back
Illeatu my wife use that phrase all the time and a lot of people can't understand what is meant. Depression does live hand in hand with chronic pain and even more so when sleep deprivation is also in the mix, talking to a professional and having your meds reassessed is a good idea. As to what medication works, like with pain meds every one is different so it may be a case of trial and error. For some like me who can,t take any medication, we rely on relaxation and meditation and a good psychiatrist as well as a pyschologyst to talk to and help you through the rough patches, trying not to keep emotions bottled up inside helps as well.

Don

More
8 years 1 day ago #15939 by kebsa
Replied by kebsa on topic The dreaded depression is back
i have had to battle with depression over the yrs while dealingwith chronic pain, for me the level of depression is far worse if i am hving to deal with more than one issue at the same time such as employment issuess on top of the chronic pain or yrs back when i was losing my home and my mother had a terminal cancer-i could just about deal with one or the other but not the whole load at the same time- back then i came close to being hospitalized due to major depression.

for me, the warning sign that things are getting out of control is when my sleep pattern just about disintegrates- i can go days without sleep getting less and less able to cope with the pain or anything else! I have been on a variety of antidepressants over the yrs from good ol amitryptilline to effexor and avanza with some melleril thrown in for good measure at my worst. and truth be told the best i have gtten out of these is that they help to regulate the sleep wake patterns a bit more and that makes the depression easier to cope with. in case i need to be able to get one of the issues that is dragging me down under control and i think that is normal for a reactive depression.

the only good thing that has happened is that i have never got to the really low point i did when mum was sick etc, that was my first real experience with depression and i let things get too bad before asking for help but now the moment my sleep wakes patterns start getting really messed up then i go back to my gp and have a talk about antidepressants. i am a low dose of amytriptilline all the time as part of my pain control meds but if i need antidepressants then its usually avanza. but still the best help is trying to get things under better control again

its a real positive to be able to recognize that depression and to put up your hand and say that you can't cope and need help- in actual fact i find these days that the moment i can admit that i need some help things get a little easier. Thankfully these days there is not the negative attitude to depression. My mother had a breakdown and was in a very bad state when her cancer was diagnosed and both er and i found that others were quick to come out and either admit to the fact they had dealt with depression or a familliy memeber had- So thats one thing to remember- it can feel as if you are completely alone but you are not. i hope thinks start to improve for you soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: illeatyu

• illeatyu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 23 hours ago #15958 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic The dreaded depression is back
Guys

As always your support and help is wonderfull, I have a referral from my gp but the psychiatrist can't see me till October and that is too far away.

Do you guys know of a good one somewhere around Penrith NSW.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

More
8 years 13 hours ago #15961 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic The dreaded depression is back
Illeatyou seeing you have to wait so long, see if your doctor can put you onto a GP management plan, this way you can get to see a psychologist for 6 visits covered under Medicare and if you need more your doctor can arrange more. This way you will have someone to speak to and help with your depression while you are waiting, better than keeping it all bottled up and trying to deal with it on your own.

Don

• illeatyu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 3 hours ago #15964 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic The dreaded depression is back
Don

Thanks mate that's not a bad idea, I'm going to see my gp tomorrow so ill ask him.

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: grappers

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.