• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #16466 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Partners
Hi guy's

Thanks for the suggestions, and understanding, Mary I haven't seen that letter yet so thank you very much I will show it to my wife.

Retread, mate I feel your pain, I have managed to talk my wife into seeing my shrink so ill let you know how it goes, maybe it'll help.

Thanks

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Retread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #16467 by Retread
Replied by Retread on topic Partners
Thanks for the thought mate, but it won't help, she went with me to the same shrink back in 98. She doesn't believe in depression etc , "just work it out"??

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #16468 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Partners
Retread

Mate I have a brother like that, he doesn't understand why I can't just choose to be happy.

Mate ill send good thoughts your way, I hope things get better for you.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

More
7 years 11 months ago #16469 by Florrie
Replied by Florrie on topic Partners
Oh Retread, I really feel for you. That is really tough feeling that "you should just work it out", very difficult and it must make you feel quite alone, which is not a nice way to feel at all.

I just wish to convey my thoughts to you and I hope you don't feel alone with all of us here, I know it isn't the same, but at least you have understanding and compassion here.

You are very brave for seeking the help of a physchologist and I truly hope you will be given some extra techniques to help you cope. Doesn't matter how good, loving, supportive and understanding our loved ones are, we simply cannot expect anyone not in our daily shoes of struggles to comprehend, understand or know just how tough our lives are/can be to cope with.

It can be rather challenging to convey our overwhelming feelings at times. I also feel as though I am whingeing if I say too much!

all the best and take care Retread :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #16470 by Retread
Replied by Retread on topic Partners
Yeh, in this day and age it is hard to believe.
Thank you for you thoughts

More
7 years 11 months ago #16511 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Partners
My wife has been with me to my psychologist a number of times and I find they get together and gang up on me .
Went today and I suppose it helps my wife to release all the built up frustrations and makes me realise that I have to slow down and do only four 8 hour days and not four 10 hour days to make up for the lost day .
She is trying to push me back to three days I'm am lucky to have her .
I am sad for the lack of support you receive from your wife mate when I started going downhill my wife didn't see it at first it was only when I started crying for no reason that she realised I was in trouble she came with me to my doctor and has been my rock ever since it is so hard for her to have a fifty year old crybaby but knowing she can vent to my psych. Helps .
Have you had a doctor. Get you to fill out one of those depression forms , I did about eighteen months I was almost on suicide watch it made me open my eyes to how low I was .
Mate you help a lot on this site you are our rock so if you want to cry do it here we will send hugs I a lady that is Sspecial who will send you heaps mate .
So we are all here for you if you want us

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.