Hello Here Is My Story!

More
7 years 9 months ago #17178 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic Hello Here Is My Story!
Hi Sarah
I hope you got some sleep. Sleep is one of those elusive things in a CP's life. The nights are fine for me but the early mornings are my undoing, at least I see lots of lovely sunrises. :)
It is a shame that your new dazzling smile now adds to the image of a happy, health person. It is hard to explain that it isn't the true picture, it takes too long and so many dont believe and sometimes we like to believe it isnt true too. It is exhausting dealing with CP. So I hope you got some sleep
I hope you fiind a smile today :)
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sassycree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sassycree
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #17184 by Sassycree
Replied by Sassycree on topic Hello Here Is My Story!
Hello Eliza,

Thankyou for your lovely message that was really nice :) Oh wow your down the coast, I love the South Coast and I used to live near Moruya on the Deua River. That's where I was before I had to move back to Braidwood with Mum. I haven't been back down the coast for a long time now, we tend to go to Queanbeyan and Canberra cause its usually something medical etc! I'm sad so hear your missing your old life and healthy body it is very hard to get used to this new life. Its taken me ages to accept but now that I am doors are starting to open like being on this forum and I don't know if you read my GP is asking me to set up a support group for people in pain. It will be mainly social but we will try and get speakers, we might just spend our time sitting doing crosswords haha but at least we will all be in the same boat and have understanding of each others needs. I really have rarely left these four walls for years now so I'm pretty excited, its a pity you didn't live a bit closer but maybe you could see if there is anything like that near you? Re the tablets really I've spent the years searching and trying so many different medications and therapies that I'm just staying with what I do now cause for the moment its working as well as it can, but if you find it helps you then go for it! I used to go to the Pain Management Clinic in Canberra but couldn't keep up with the appointments either in hospital or too sore to travel so it didn't really work out but now I have found my support team in town which is so much better like my GP, Physio + Reiki, Accupuncture although I've finished that for now. I also have a very strict diet that I got used to over the years and socially I go to a group once a month helping older people record their life stories which is very funny at times! plus my little group and my little dog Chelsi who keeps me on my toes that's for sure :) the only thing I have to travel for now is my phycologist in Queanbeyan cause the one I was seeing didn't work out! So all in all its pretty good the only thing I cant get used to is yes the weather its freezing up here!! The cold doesn't affect my health casue my problem isn't in my bones but the grey days do get a bit overwhelming and depressing! You said you missed your work, what did you do? Anyway I have to go cause my friend is dropping off his dog (Jack Russell) 'Biggle' for me to mind for a week while he goes to the soccer in Melbourne! Its going to be a challenge but he sleeps a lot so should be ok! I hope you have a good day and enjoy the sunshine down there! :)
Take care
Sarah x

• Sassycree
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #17186 by Sassycree
Replied by Sassycree on topic Hello Here Is My Story!
Good morning Wendles
Yes dealing with CP is exhausting, but thankyou I did get some sleep last night! no bad winds, no Chelsi (my dog) waking me up, so it was good! I'm glad to hear the nights are good for you :) Yes I'm the same the mornings are hard waking up with pain as soon as I start stirring but then when I fully wake up it gets a bit easier. Agreed it is nice to see the sunrise but really its way to cold down here to go out most mornings at the moment. We've had some huge frosts and very foggy I feel sorry for people heading off to work at this time of year! When the sun comes out through the day its just beautiful and wont be to long before spring my daffodils are starting to pop up! Anyway I'm going to go and brush my pearly whites! :)

Take care

Sarah x

More
7 years 9 months ago #17200 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic Hello Here Is My Story!
Morning Sarah
Pleased to hear that you had a good sleep.I find that my pain wakes me in the early hours but I am use to that now but today is a bit worse as it is very cold which seems to be increasing the pain. So I am spending more time in the one warm room, our houses are made for the hot summers so are usually colder inside then out during winter :lol:
I love the thought that the daffodils are nearly out as they are one of my favourite flowers, so bright and cheery.
Hope you find a smile today :)
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.