Fibromyalgia

More
6 years 3 months ago #20820 by Mrs S
Replied by Mrs S on topic Fibromyalgia

Carpediem wrote: Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update you all and get the word out there. 2 days ago i got the call from my functional medicine doctor i don't have Fibromyalgia I have Lyme diseaseeeeeeeeeeee. This is hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There are a lot of peopel who are being misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia when they really actually have lyme disease its a chronic infection that is pretty much teh same symptoms as fibro and CFS. If you want to know more info please message me. The sad thing is if u have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but actually have lyme then you won't receive the treatment you need to get better. The key is to find the root cause of the issue i always believe there is a reason why the body is unbalanced it's just finding it thats the hard part

Hello Carpediem, its good to hear that you have been given a correct diagnosis so you will receive the appropriate treatment. It must be such a relief for you to finally have an answer and good luck with your treatment. I hope it brings you some relief

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carpediem
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #20822 by Carpediem
Replied by Carpediem on topic Fibromyalgia
Hi Mrs Shingles

Thankyou so much yes i am happy and relieved i have an answer and i know the reason why my body is the way that it is. Unfortunately treatment can be very challenging and there is currently not an agreed way to treat lyme a lot of aussies are going to germany for treatment but i am just happy there is treatment of some kind and hope i will return back to good health

More
5 years 9 months ago #21932 by Little Buddy
Replied by Little Buddy on topic Fibromyalgia
Hi,

I have fibro and have had it for about 20 yrs (though only diagnosed about 12 yrs ago). Anyway after attending the pain clinic at St. Vincent's in Melbourne (brilliant by the way) I am no longer on any pain medication. I have taken Lyrica though and it caused by depression to get worse. No one else has mentioned that, but if you start to feel depressed whilst on it, it could be the reason.

Remember it is just like eating an elephant; one piece at a time!

• Carpediem
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago #21935 by Carpediem
Hi Little Buddy,

I am not on any pain medication i originally went to the private royal north shore pain clinic in sydney and they told me that they had no idea what was causing my pain they suspected fibro and that i would be in pain for the rest of my life they took a $1000 off me and didn't help me i took one tablet of cymbalta and it sent me to go crazy for 2 days and i was in so much pain bedridden it was horrible. So i decided to take action and i saw a functional medicine doctor and we did a ton of testing and found Borrelia Lyme disease which is an infection which causes Fibro I did 6 months of antibiotics and now i am transitioning to herbal treatment all natural and i am doing ok much better then when i first posted here.

More
5 years 9 months ago #21936 by Mrs S
Replied by Mrs S on topic Fibromyalgia

Carpediem wrote: Hi Mrs Shingles

Thankyou so much yes i am happy and relieved i have an answer and i know the reason why my body is the way that it is. Unfortunately treatment can be very challenging and there is currently not an agreed way to treat lyme a lot of aussies are going to germany for treatment but i am just happy there is treatment of some kind and hope i will return back to good health

Its wonderful to hear you are doing so much better now and that your treatment with antibiotics and now herbal is helping. I rmet someone who had also been told that they had been diagnosed with CF and Fibro, and she has now been diagnosed with Lyme Disease after many years. Did you happen to see the story that was on either Today Tonight or A current Affair in the past few weeks about Lyme Disease?

• Carpediem
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago #21937 by Carpediem
Hey Mrs Shingles,

Oh Yes Lyme Disease is starting to get quite a bit of media attention now as more and more people are being impacted by it. It's such a disgrace that our own government and medical institution will not recognise it here in australia. Let me tell you it's here if u know u have been bitten by a tick and have many symptoms similiar to fibro you have lyme disease. Lyme can also be transmitted sexually, via blood transfusions and from mother to baby in the womb. I believe i was either born with it OR i contracted it via blood transfusions ( I had over 8 in hospital) think about it our blood bank is riddles with lyme infected blood becasue there is no way the red cross blood bank can test it. Over teh next 5 to 10 years this is going to become an extremely massive issue. It's a worldwide pandemic. There are many things i am doing naturally and holistically to support my body. It's been really hard but at the end of the day chronic inflammation = pain the key is to work out what is causing that chronic inflammation and then treat that.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.