Neuropathic pain - immune system weakened by this.

• IsagenixCleanse
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 1 week ago #20029 by IsagenixCleanse
Hi there - I'm new here.

I have neuropathic pain which is chronic so I have to modify my day to day activities.

They are still trying to pinpoint the exact cause - there was no one event or accident where it suddenly occurred.

What I have noticed is that because my body doesn't rest properly bc it is in varying degrees of pain.....I am more vulnerable to immune based illnesses.

Can anyone else relate to this? Thanks. x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #20054 by Peter
Hi,

Welcome to the CPA Forum.
It would be great if you could post an intro post about your pain journey in our introductory thread that is in the 'General Discussion' category.

As for pain turning up for no apparent reason, I don't have that issue. There will be some who have. Fibromyalgia, although predominantly caused by physical trauma, can also be caused by some other trauma that is not of a physical nature.

Don't ask me where I read it, but I did read it somewhere. Someone else here might be able to enlighten us on this topic.

Anyway, please post an intro and tell us what you are doing by way of medical treatment etc.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsagenixCleanse

More
7 years 1 week ago #20068 by Mariel
Hello, I'm visiting. I have neuropathic pain from Porphyria, a rare genetic disease. I have a friend in Oz who has much more pain than I do. My pain is disturbing my sleep, however. I have to take a lot of magnesium to stop the spasticity and jerking of my legs and lower body at night. Last night I did better, possibly because I added Vitamin B 1. I am dependent on supplements to control neuropathic pain, as those of us with Porphyria have limits on what "drugs" we can take. I can only take Demerol for pain, and thus it is not something I consider taking all of the time. It would not stop the spasticity anyway, although it was a great help when I had Shinlges in my leg 5 l/2 years ago, which is a form of non-chronic neuropathic pain.
I love Oz from a distance.

More
7 years 1 week ago #20069 by Mary
Hi Mariel and welcome. Thank you for taking the time to post here from overseas. It is wonderful for us to have an new member who is outside of Australia. We may have others who we are not aware of.

Porphyria is not a nice condition and I admire the way that you are managing. It must be very difficult. You may find that you have some more tips for managing pain for the rest of us.

Thank you again for joining us.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #20071 by Mrs S
Hi Mariel, its nice to see you are posting from overseas. It sounds like your condition is a very difficult one without being able to use a lot of medications.

I too have had Shingles ,4 times now over my life. Hence my user name .The 3 rd time left me with nerve pain in my face for a while, and even 12 years on i am still unable to walk in a chilly wind without it sending needles of pain above my eye. The 4 episode was in Mar 2012 on my left leg back,and hip which left me with chronic nerve paiin known as post herpetic neuralgia. I managed to still perform my job in aged care, despite a severe limp due to the ongoing pain but there were many days i walked worse then my residents. Some daya they would jokingly offer me their walking aids , telling me i walked worse than them.

I had the ongoing nerve pain for 10.5 months before being put on Lyrica. And 600mg is now my long term daily dose to keep it controlled. Which is just as well as i was hit by a speeding vehicle while using a pedestrian crossing. This has left me unable to continue working as i now have lower back,left hip and buttock / coccyx ongoing pain, which has made life extremely difficult on its own enough so i am thankful for the relief of the nerve pain from the shingles being controlled.

Mrs Shingles
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Mrs S. Reason: Hadnt finished writing

More
7 years 1 week ago #20076 by Liv123
Hi there - I am new to the forum. I have had crps originating from my r knees for almost 4yrs. Prior to my diagnosis I was rarely sick & had an excellent immune system. These days I find I fall sick easier& stay sick longer. I am very confident crps, chronic pain, stress& insomnia is responsible. Just thought I'd let the first poster know that they are not alone x

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.