• yazz16
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #22115 by yazz16
don't know what to do anymore! help was created by yazz16
hi there!
i am new to the forum, although i have been searching on the internet for answers i just need some advice. I'm 24 year old female. i had a traumatic accident when i was 18 to my left leg ever since i have been dealing with pain at random all over.. since my accident i have been back and forth to the doctors complaining about the same thing.. flu like symptoms, body pain all over, ibs symptoms. i have been diagnosed with mild depression and anxiety since my accident. i recently ended up in hospital due to the bad pain and aches all over. i had an mri of the neck, general blood test, urine test and a ecg. everything returned back fine. i went back to my doctor and he sent me for a full body scan and more blood test and everything returned normal and he said he dosent know what is causing my pain and its due to my anxiety. but can it really cause all this pain?? mainly the pain stays in my left thigh and knee area (same leg as my accident) and radiates all over. i feel achy and stabbing pain every single day, tired and no energy. if anyway has gone thru this can you please share with me! I'm going crazy. thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #22116 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic don't know what to do anymore! help
Hi Yazz,

Welcome to the CPA Forum.

Sounds like you have developed a typical case of chronic pain, just like the rest of us have. I can't say this for sure, because I am not a doctor and also, we cannot give you any advice here, except to go see your health professional.

So in saying that, have you heard of a Multi-disciplinary Pain Clinic?
Well, that is the place for you to go and get some answers. They will teach you how to self manage your pain and answer all those questions as to why you have developed all these body wide symptoms.
Ask your GP to refer you to one of these pain clinics and make sure it is at a public hospital. They are the best ones. Unfortunately you'll have to wait too, because they have long waiting lists. But if you start doing some reading around this site and talking to us, you'll start to learn much of what you will be taught at the pain clinic.

I do have one piece of advice for you. Start educating yourself and take control of your health problems. They are yours after all, so you need to be the driver of your recovery. If a doctor won't listen to you, then just leave and go find another. You have every right to expect to be treated with respect. Just don't expect doctors to fix you, because they are not miracle workers. Most of them are good, but just too busy to help much, or they just haven't learned anything about chronic pain. Your future is in your hands, not there's. So you be the boss!

What state do you live in and what city? We might be able to suggest some hospital for you to look at.

I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you post this post again in the General Discussions category, in the "Introduce Yourself Here" thread. That is the one most people keep an eye on. That way you'll get more answers.
So just go there and start a new post by clicking the reply button at the bottom of one of the posts, then copy and paste this post into it.

Stick around and keep talking!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #22126 by Eliza
Replied by Eliza on topic don't know what to do anymore! help
Hi yazz16,

I think I understand your pain because I have the same crazy pain....

I had a back op...

And now I have this crazy pain in both my legs and now my arms it's a thumping pain that never lets up so I think I know where you are coming from. It's a shame when nobody understands it especially the dr's.....I feel chronically fatigued too and I don't get any sleep because my legs don't like to be under my goose down doona....so that's why I'm still up tonight. It's crazy this pain 9 out of 10 and I'm quite sure no-one believes me!!! Especially the dr's...i don't get much sleep per night, possibly 2 hrs....that's it...I'm at a loss what to do too....I have lots of meds so I could take extra but I don't think its the answer but I will take a fast release and try and sleep now.

I'm sorry to hear about your pain however, hear me you're not alone.with this crazy pain I'm hearing you!!
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Eliza. Reason: Error's

More
5 years 7 months ago #22134 by brenden_88
Replied by brenden_88 on topic don't know what to do anymore! help
Hi yazz, my pain is in my arms and feet. I've had so many scans and nothing had showed up on any of them which is really annoying. So I know how you feel in that regard.

Brenden

• yazz16
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #22135 by yazz16
Replied by yazz16 on topic don't know what to do anymore! help
hi eliza, thanks for responding! i kinda feel good that people understand be and I'm just not feeling things. but at the same time i feel for you too i was told to take meds too but I'm doing everything i can to steer away as long as i can. i hope you got a good nights sleep and i hope you manage to feel better. do you do any exercise? if so do you find it helps or makes it worse?

• yazz16
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #22136 by yazz16
Replied by yazz16 on topic don't know what to do anymore! help
oh no hope you find ways to feels better. which is what i do all day everyday

yasmine

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.