• Carissa
  • Carissa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #22632 by Carissa
Disappointment & Moral Support was created by Carissa
Hi guys

Have spent the last week getting ready for stim implant tomorrow have used every single piece of strength I had left to make it through only to get a call at 3pm to say it's been cancelled as there are no beds. No reschedule date yet nothing.

I don't even have words for how devastated I am and no idea how to keep going.

I know this pronably happens all of the time but I just can't believe it.

Sorry Peter I know this probably the wrong thread I just needed to talk to you guys who have helped me through the past few months x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #22633 by Josie
Replied by Josie on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Sorry Peter but I felt compelled to answer, maybe we can start a new topic title in the future.
Carissa
Firstly you will get through this let down. The exact same thing happened to me when my implant op was cancelled two days before it was due, I had rearranged my life to be ready, told friends, packed my bags etc. emotionally I was prepared. I did not get another date straight away either but I got through it all and you will too. It is very raw today and you must be terribly upset. Rationally though it will be rescheduled, you will get your implant and in the big scheme of things it is a huge disapointment but not a permanent loss. There's not much more I can say but try to rest and allow time for the shock to settle.
Thanks for sharing this with us and keep in touch.

Josie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carissa

More
5 years 5 months ago #22634 by jo.m
Replied by jo.m on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carissa,

I'm so sorry for your disappointment but hope that you will soon hear when your procedure has been rescheduled, hang in there!!

I have moved your thread to a new topic so that it's clearer for everyone to show their support.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Sending hugs your way.

Jo xx

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie

More
5 years 5 months ago #22635 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carrisa,
I know exactly how disappointed you feel, after my trial stim I was told it would be 8 weeks for the final implant, only to be put on a waiting list through the public system, that blew out to a year wait, after having a weeks trial and finally getting respite from having no sleep, to find out I have to wait a year for the final implant really shook my resolve, it was tough waiting, I kept hounding them to get a date, each time was the same answer, waiting for funding, I just had to keep reminding myself I have been approved, only time Pain and sleepless was my enemy, I knew it was going to done, so that kept my spirits up, after dealing with pain for so long, what was worth fretting over a little longer waiting time, when I knew once it was done, the pain will be less, and more years.
The waiting is hard, stay positive, focus on what you will get after the implant, when it is finally done and you have gone past the recuperation period, you will be thanking yourself, you have had a glimpse, it will happen, believe in that, and keep busy, so the time flies.

Don

More
5 years 5 months ago #22638 by Marley
Replied by Marley on topic Disappointment & Moral Support

Carissa wrote: Hi guys

I know this pronably happens all of the time but I just can't believe it.

=======================

Hi Carissa

I know how devistated you must feel, but the Boards will reflect that it is not unheard of, nor is it personal, and you are right, it does happen frequently for all sorts of reasons, but when it happens to you, it is hard to believe.

You have invested a lot of emotional preparation and it has happened to you. Your Doc will have left you with instructions, if not make an appointment and get some instructions to carry you through. Doc will provide treatment until you get your date. You have come this far, it is an unexpected hurdle. You will get over it and get through to your next appointment with Doc.

This might not help right now, but hold on to the fact you have been approved and it has been cancelled through no fault of your own. It was nothing you did and it will be rescheduled. It may take a while for you to get a new date, but you will get that date, so hold on to that.

Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
Oh oh the night comes down
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

More
5 years 5 months ago #22640 by Mrs S
Replied by Mrs S on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carissa, to receive this news when you have been mentally and physically prepared must be such a shock for you and extremely disappointing , and i hope that you get a rescheduled date in the near future. Unfortunately these things are out of our control , so hold onto the knowledge that it will be happening when you get another date . In the meantime hold onto that inner strength you have shown to make it this far and your dr can help you with treatment while you wait for the new date to be given.
Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs
Mrs S

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.