• Carissa
  • Carissa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #22727 by Carissa
Replied by Carissa on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Mrs S

I'm doing well now and have no pain in my leg and very limited in my groin I'm so grateful and happy about this I can't even express it. My incisions are healing well stitches came out this week battery still giving me a small amount of trouble mostly only if I forget and sit the wrong way.

One thing that has slowed me down considerably was that I went to my GP a few days after surgery to look at incisions and discuss what we do about pain meds as I was due to run out, before the surgery I was on 20 mg Norspan patches, 75mg lyrica x 2 daily, 20 + 10 mg of targin daily and endone for breakthrough pain so ALOT, he told me that as I ran out of them over the next few days I just stop them as I didn't need them any more. About 2 days after I ran out of everything I went into the worst withdrawal I've ever had and ended up so sick I really thought I was going to be hospitalised. Thank god I had an appointment with surgeon to have the stitches out who took one look at me and asked what was wrong I explained it to him and he was horrified. Said I should never have stopped the meds like that and put me straight back on really low doses of the lyrica and Targin and a three week weaning off plan.

I wanted to ask those of you who have the stim do you have trouble at night, I am struggling with the difference in strength from when I lay on my side to if I roll on my back during the night, when I lay on my back its so strong it's almost painful. I've been coping with it by just turning it right down so that it's almost off but that doesn't really give me great pain coverage during the night and wanted to see if anyone had any tips ?

Thankyou to all of you for your messages I've been coming on and looking but only just feeling up to writing this, I hope you are all doing as well as you can be xx

See how far you've come?Be proud of yourself. If nothing else, one day you can look someone straight in the eyes and say;"But I lived through it and it made me who I am today"

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Carissa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #22728 by Mrs S
Replied by Mrs S on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carissa, its wonderful to read your message and i am so happy to know that your life is improving.
In regards to the severe withdrawal , im so sorry that you were put through that horrible experience especially when you were on so many meds. And glad that the surgeon was quick in organizing getting you back on some and putting a weaning plan in place.
Your inner strength in enduring that hurdle is inspiring and i am glad that you are now adjusting to life with the stim relieving your oain. Hopefully others who have experience with the stim can help with your problems in sleeping on your back
Take care and gentle hugs
Mrs S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carissa

More
5 years 5 months ago #22730 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carissa,
That is one of the trade offs unfortunately, I turn mine down at night for the same reason, as I find laying flat on my back with my knees bent as a way of getting some sleep, I can still feel mine pulsing at night but at a level that doesn't cause the zaps, it takes a bit of time getting use to the pulsing at night, but you do, your system starts to cope, but not at the same levels as during the day, as the leads lay closer to the spinal column when you lay down hence the stronger signals, they should have informed you of this after the op, so in short take your control unit to bed, lay flat on your back and turn it down to find your comfort level for sleeping, after awhile you remember how many beeps it is to turn down at night, and sometime you will forget, I have on many occasions, that's until I lay down, you don't have to turn right down to nearly zero.

Don

• Carissa
  • Carissa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #22736 by Carissa
Replied by Carissa on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Don / Mrs

Thankyou both for your responses they really helped a lot

I'm wondering if you guys could direct me to the right place in the forum to ask people questions about recovery after stim surgery and anything else to do with stim. I'm a little lost as to where I should post ?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Carissa.

More
5 years 5 months ago #22738 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carrisa
Clink on this link in our forum www.chronicpainaustralia.org.au/index.ph...ing-modern-therapies you will see a heading for neuro stimulators, ask all the questions you would liked to be answered.

Don

More
5 years 5 months ago #22747 by Eliza
Replied by Eliza on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carissa,

Good to hear you got your stim...after the long wait....(I've been following your posts)

My pain is worst at night in my legs so to hear that Don turns it down is a little depressing to me because that's when I would need it most. Hmmm, I've changed meds so they're helping my pain so I've put the stim at the back of my list ATM..

Your one brave girl and I hope it gets better for you and that you get the pain relief you need.

Hugs Eliza

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.