• Carissa
  • Carissa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #22657 by Carissa
Replied by Carissa on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Guys

So after writing this Wednesday I cried all night and all morning the next day and thought it would be a good idea to have a shower and cry some more.

When I got out there were 10 missed calls from hospital, they put my surgery back on the schedule, still no beds but because I live close enough to the hospital they said they would do it and send me home.

So it's done, I'm so relieved I can't even put it into words, very very sore right now in middle of back and top of bum from incisions etc but I know this will go away.

Thankyou to all of you for your beautiful messages the other night I was in a pretty bad place and each one of you gave me strength.

Believe that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, believe that you might be that light for somebody else. Kobi Yomada

P.S Thanks Jo for moving my message I had no idea how to do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #22658 by Mrs S
Replied by Mrs S on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carissa,

Fantastic to read that the hospital was able to work around the bed problem and enable you to undergo the procedure. I am so happy for you and hope that once the soreness settles down you will receive all the benefits of the stim implant and be able to regain much of what you have lost to chronic pain.
Take Care and keep us updated on your progress ,
gentle healing hugs

Mrs S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carissa

More
5 years 5 months ago #22659 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Carissa, that is great news!

Let's hope now that you heal well and heal quickly, then are able to get enough relief to get you off the merry go round long enough to enjoy some quality of life and also get your fitness levels up.

Positive thinking all the way now.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
5 years 5 months ago #22660 by jo.m
Replied by jo.m on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
That's great news Carissa :)

Here's to a speedy recovery from the procedure and some welcome relief of your chronic pain :)

Hugs and best wishes to you

Jo

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie

More
5 years 5 months ago #22661 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carissa,
The pain doesn't last long from the incisions, be sure not to get them wet until the stitches come out, it will be a little uncomfortable lying on your back for the first couple of days, remember to take it easy, now that it has finally been done comes the programming, getting the right stimulation, if you're not happy with the setup tell them, don't feel like you are being a burden, because you are not, it is just as much their reputation on the line to get it right, keep informing us on your recovery.

Don

More
5 years 5 months ago #22724 by Mrs S
Replied by Mrs S on topic Disappointment & Moral Support
Hi Carissa, i was just thinking of you and wondering how you are going now with your recovery.?
Take care and i hope your pain levels are decreasing
Hugs
Mrs S

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.