At my wits' end

• wernie
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #22786 by wernie
Replied by wernie on topic At my wits' end
Ended up going for an MRI this afternoon and, while I don't have the notes yet and go back to my GP in 2 weeks, I'm thinking it looks a bit like a herniated disc! Not to jump to conclusions, but guessing that could be why I've been having this nerve pain for the past couple months. GP doesn't think it's sciatica though, but only thought that due to how high I could lift my leg (I do have hypermobility, but she said that wouldn't matter if it's pulling on the nerve). Anyway, she ended up wanting me to try Endep and paracetamol again (which didn't work in the past) because she said it's a different type of pain and she gave me Tramadol to take if needed at nighttime (which I haven't had before). Hoping that will at least help a bit with the pain!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #22788 by john01
Replied by john01 on topic At my wits' end
Paracetamol doesn't help back pain. It's been proven scietifically and clinically for years. It's been in the news frequently lately. www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2015/04/01/4208298.htm
Why do GPs continue to prescribe the useless drug? I just can't understand!

back pain / bulging disc
90% of pain gone after having both acupuncture and laser therapy while visiting my family in Brisbane (Thanks for the suggestions from the people here)
stay positive, be strong, never give up hope.

• wernie
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #22789 by wernie
Ugh, don't ask me! I figured I would just take the Endep and Tramadol and leave out the paracetamol because I know it doesn't help me and I don't have to do a systematic review of x number of studies to figure that out. Haha.

More
5 years 4 months ago #22791 by jo.m
Replied by jo.m on topic At my wits' end
HI Wernie,

At least you will have some answers in a couple of weeks and be able to hopefully move forward :)

I know when I've taken Tramadol in the past it has been difficult on my body but hopefully you get some relief. It is a narcotic type medication with many possible side effects but as I always say you weigh up the benefits of taking it and what effects (if any) you can manage. Good Luck and I hope it gives you some relief in the interim until you can perhaps put in place some other coping strategies that will help manage your pain.

Jo :)

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie

• wernie
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #22796 by wernie
Thanks, Jo :)

More
5 years 4 months ago #22887 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic At my wits' end
wernie

I started where you are 20ish years ago, I would recommend NOT doing surgery get at least 3 opinions oh and don't do surgery, but that's just me.

I had some relief with Bowen Therapy sounds kinda funky on the web site but it really helped, and it wont harm you if it doesn't.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.