• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #23042 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Depression
Peter,

As cliche as this may sound, knowing that someone knows how I actually feel, helps more than most people know. You guys are the only people who understand what a bad day is, and just how alone and helpless it can Make you feel.

Next time your in Sydney (or Penrith) I hope I can make it and meet you and maybe some of the others in person, I know it has been said before but the job you and the other admins do is exceptional, and this web site is quite possibly the only one of its type in the world, as Marley will attest there are some other boards that say they are the same, but they are not.

So thank you to You, and Marley, and Wendles, and Peppa, and Johnno, and Mary, and Jom And all the rest of the wonderful people on this site, you have quite literally been the difference between a bad day and the last day, on many occasions.

Just knowing someone gets it means the universe to me and I'm sure many, many others

Warmest Regards

Ricky (Illeatyu)

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Wendles, Marley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #23043 by Marley
Replied by Marley on topic Depression
Hi illeatyu :cheer:
Your reply to Peter was so accurate and well expressed.
Thank you
Marley :sick:

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
Oh oh the night comes down
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen
The following user(s) said Thank You: illeatyu

• illeatyu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #23044 by illeatyu
Marley,

You are very welcome ;)

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marley

More
5 years 3 months ago #23045 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Depression
You are most welcome Ricky!
Oh, and you forgot one, who happens to be the moderator who spends a lot of time in here and that's Don (Grappers). Jo is great, but has only been with us for a few months. I'm hoping Jo will want to stick around for a while.

I had Don with me before Mary came on to the scene. Mary doesn't moderate anymore. She is off busy with other projects. Before that, it was just me for quite a while. I took over from one of our other Board members who is no longer part of the organisation. He was only moderating for less than a year.
It's been a difficult job at times, but a very rewarding one.

Ricky, you are so right about everyone here knowing what it's like to have a bad day. Being a moderator and the administrator of this forum, I don't post much. I have other things to do for the organisation too, so I just quickly read posts and then move on, unless we have someone having a real bad day or a newby who no one else has welcomed.
But when I read these posts, I often sit there saying to myself, "yep, I know how that feels!" And I do that often.

I don't think there is another forum like this. We are fully public with only one need for registration and that is to be able to post. The whole world can read our forum, so this is why we have to watch it like a Hawk.

Anyway, thanks for the appreciation. I also appreciate you guys for all that you do in supporting each other and me.

Oh and by the way. I can't say for sure yet, because it is a whole year away, but I could be in Sydney again for National Pain Week 2016 if the funds permit.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• illeatyu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #23046 by illeatyu
Peter,

As I have Lyrica brain I would be grateful if you could post or pm me when you know and I will come with coffee and chocolate in hand.

And Don, mate I am very sorry, and you and I have had some good chats here but as I said above Lyrica ate my memory.

Maybe if we have enough people who can get there we could go and grab a bite together, as you know Peter I have been hanging around here for some 2.5 years, and know a lot of you well enough I think to call you friends. And for those who are able I think it would be nice, and I think we would have a great time.

Illeatyu

More
5 years 3 months ago #23047 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic Depression
Hi
Thanx for the music Illeatyu it is right down my alley. I too use music to keep my mood in check.
I agree with you that our depression is often reactive depression, that seems the case with me too. I find that i am able to treat it as i do with the pain exercise, distraction, medication and support system. Once you have those practices in place you can ride any storm whether it is a flareup of pain or depression. "this too will end" and we always come out the other side ready to face another day.

the hardest part for me is building the new me, I have stopped looking to the future as i can no longer see what it could be. Having recently lost my job, not the first i have lost to CP but i feel this is the last i will have the what now is hard the visualize. How to fill in my days with only house work? I can no longer do the many things i had once done so what now. I find myself bouncing from activity to activity because it either causes pain during long periods or it leaves me unfulfilled. I feel like i am working my way through the list of activities available in a sad attempt to find what makes me tick. Do I know my self so little?. what is missing?
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.