Depression

More
5 years 8 months ago #23048 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Depression
Hi Ricky,
No need to apologise, living in pain is enough to scramble one's brain, let alone having medication and depression add another twist to one's life, depression, like pain is going to be there with us raising it's ugly head, how to cope with it is a another learning curve we all have to deal with, I also take Wendles path of distraction, meditation and seeking support, medication is out as none can be tolerated, the hardest part is filling the void of years of living what we called the norm, work, fun, family, sports and recreation, fear is what holds us back from going forward.

Don
The following user(s) said Thank You: illeatyu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #23049 by jo.m
Replied by jo.m on topic Depression
It is most certainly my hardest thing finding something to fill my days other than everything that revolves around pain.
Only recently I had a run in with one of my doctors who basically implied to 'accept' the pain I'm in and live with it. I was quite upset with his attitude as I am one of those who have 'accepted it and trying to move on' however I think that if I lose hope of any improvement and the want to return to work in the future, what is the point?? So there is a fine line between always looking for a 'cure' and 'accepting' what we live with every day. The depression is part of the course, we all have some amount and the level changes depending on circumstances. One week is better than another but as we all know we can't control when it hits us most.
I find that I am always looking for something exciting, but most things I am unable to do due to the pain, which then makes me frustrated and upset and then yes, the pain increases!!
Just reading everyone's posts confirms that we are all living this life and all trying to escape it but know there is no way out.
Supporting each other is so important as we get it and we get each other with no need to 'prove' to anyone how we are feeling.
I know the main thing that keeps me going is the good family support I have but I am constantly hiding most of my pain as I don't want them to know or get fed up of the person I feel I have become :(
It's a continual journey but one which I feel should be filled with hope if nothing else :)

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie
The following user(s) said Thank You: illeatyu

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #23053 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Depression
Wendles

You might want to try "within temptation" and "edgenbridge" , as for what is missing I have no idea myself.
But I can share your pain of loosing your self in the pain, and I don't know if that helps but I hope it does, what if we try to help each other, I use the app "one giant mind" for meditation, and as I said my music, I also try and use books to help.

I am as lost as you, but I am happy to talk about whatever you may like, if you like I am happy to give you my mobile number let me know and I will pm it too you.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendles, Marley

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #23054 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Depression
Jo.m

The only thing we have is the hope that someday, somehow, someone will find something that helps, if I allow myself to believe that I will never ever have a hope, I think it would be a very, very bad day. As for doctors telling you that you should just accept it and get over yourself, I want someone to invent a pain transfer device, so that for just 5 minutes they can feel what we live with, then they would give you everything you asked for.

The only thing we have when things are bad is each other, I rely on you guys and your help and support, but most of all I rely on your understanding, and in return you have mine.

Jo.m I have hope that things will get better, and as long as their is hope their is life.

If ever you need to talk pm me.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jo.m

More
5 years 8 months ago #23061 by Marley
Replied by Marley on topic Depression
Hi illeatyu
"within temptation" and "edgenbridge" , are these dvds, e=books or what format? Google has not been helpful.
Thanks
Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

More
5 years 8 months ago #23062 by Marley
Replied by Marley on topic Depression
Hi illeatyu

You reply to Jo.M was so well written it was beautiful to read. I'm just a little fussier, 5 mins would not be enough LOL, most people can tollerate things for brief periods, I would like some docs to walk in my shoes for 24hrs!

Thanks
Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
And I get afraid of losing my way
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.