Depression

More
5 years 8 months ago #23063 by Marley
Replied by Marley on topic Depression
Hi Jo.M
I have been told by many docs and people who should know bertter than to say "just accept..." and other similar things.
Regularly I am told not to let the pain control my life. It controls everything from bodily frunctions to what I wear and how I function (or don't.)
In here, it is amazing just how many people 'just get it,' It is the only non-medical people wiyhout the cliches who offer caring and practicle support.
I find grieving the losses and finding replacements depressing, challenging and easily be added to my 'Oh crap" list..addiding to its complications.
Marley :sick:

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
Oh oh the night comes down
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen
The following user(s) said Thank You: jo.m

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #23068 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Depression
Marley
They are band that I have been listening too, Delain, Nightwish, Edenbridge, and Within temptation, try youtube I have them bookmarked

Try that link :)

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

• illeatyu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #23069 by illeatyu
This is my favourite Song

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

More
5 years 8 months ago #23074 by arjay
Replied by arjay on topic Depression
Hi jo.m Hi just reading your post. As one who has coped with depression and schitophenia "that how it feels !!" over nearly 60 years I find now that its now longer the disability it once was. Now I have chronic pain symptoms for a decade or so. I have my good days and not so good days. I lot of the time I get what called "brain fog" or something like that.

However for the last10 years or so I have been a student of genetics and I do believe that the answer to many of our symptoms are at the moment undiscovered but with the rapid developments in this field many cures will be found..
I dont share the view that "but know there is no way out " It may not happen in my time as I am in my 70's but these problems will be cured !!

Dont give up hope..While there is life there is hope ,even if at the time it may not seem that way.

You are fortunate to have friends and family supporting you Maybe sharing a bit of what you are experiencing with them may reduce the stress of having to hide your true self,but you alone know your situation best.
Anyway I share everything with my Goldfish but recently they have threathened to report me to the RSPCA If i dont stop.

Warm regards Arjay
The following user(s) said Thank You: jo.m

More
5 years 8 months ago #23077 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic Depression
Thanx Ricky,
Tried the new sounds. Liked endenbridge but not really Within temptation. My favourite is still Delain now :) Stardust is my favourite too.

Yes, it is good to know others understand how we feel, it makes the journey not so lonely. Even with family and friends around it is possible to still feel completely alone with the pain but knowing that their are people here that understand the dark, lonely moments of pain when it seems that there is no way through helps. thank you to this wonderful site for providing the light at the end of the tunnel.

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

• illeatyu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #23078 by illeatyu
Wendles,

You are always most welcome.

I have to Admit to having a slight crush on Charlotte Wessels the lead singer she has the most amazing eyes, try the song linked below you'll see what I mean, so who do you listen too, what helps with your depression.

The people on the site are somewhat transitory in that we drift in and out with the pain, I myself have pulled away sometimes because I just wanted to be alone with the pain, but I think that these times are when we should be reaching out not pulling back.

Hi Arjay, I hope that some of what we are talking about helps with you, age has never been an issue on the site in fact I have no idea how old most of the people are, or even if they are male or female. Pain is a great leveller it makes us all brothers and sisters in suffering, and I think it breaks down the barriers that would otherwise interfere with what we have here.

Illeatyu

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendles

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.