Depression

More
5 years 8 months ago #23079 by jo.m
Replied by jo.m on topic Depression
Thanks for your response! Poor Goldfish haha :P It made me laugh and that's the best medicine :) That's the one thing in my family is our great sense of humour and the thing that I believe has got me through my hardest times.
I will never give up hope of improving and having support on this site is a wonderful thing and most of all I feel so much better when I can help others (thats what I miss most about not working as I'm a registered nurse in my real life!!)
Any way thanks for the support and I will keep smiling ;)

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #23087 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic Depression
Hi Illeatyu
Yes she does have amazing eyes and her voice isnt bad either ;) i use lots of different music depending where my mood is but if the pain is up then it tends to be a bit heavier. Whitesnake, Led Zeppelin, Roxus are a few favourites with the volume up a bit the drown out the world. I also use music for meditation, Tia Chi and to take me to my safe place, i especially use that when in hospital. Then it is more likely Mongolian music.

I too find when i am at my worse that i pull away from support. I think the reason being is that i am not ready to face the problem. To use online support we must talk, not necessarily about the problem but that we need support and that may break the fragile wall we have up enabling us to function for our families/friends/work . Sometimes we are not ready to fall to pieces and to start rebuilding to face life with CP.

Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #23089 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Depression
Hi Wendles,

I haven't heard of Roxus before ill give them a listen.

What type of Mongolian music, is it the throat singing or is it the melodic style, does the melody help with the meditation ?

I think you are right with the whole pulling back thing, some day's at work it's all I can do to hold up the mask and if someone noticed and showed compassion I would just loose it, and funnily enough reading about the trials of other people helps me stay sane. because I can see I am not alone.

I find I am better at helping others than myself, the same holds true with taking advice, I can give it out but find it hard to accept back, I think it has to do with accepting what's happening and sometimes I don't want to do that, or cant.

I am just starting with the meditation, how did you learn did you go to classes or was it through the Tai Chi, I am very interested as I find it hard to stay centred when the pain is bad. I also find it very hard to go to a happy place, it's been so long that I find it hard to think of times when I wasn't in pain, some day's I can't believe I have ever been pain free.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

More
5 years 8 months ago #23135 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic Depression
Hi Illeatyu,
Totally hectic weekend....now i just need to wait for the pain to catch up with me for over doing it.

I did spend alot of time listening to Delain and tried within temptation again and have decided i do like it. Did you find Roxus? They were a Melbourne based band and i was very lucky to see them in concert a few times (showing my age :) ) As for the Mongolian music I do like the throat singing but i prefer the melodic style for meditation especially those with the horsehead fiddle.

I have learnt my meditation over the years in a number of ways and it has taken many years to get it at a point to where it does help. Not every type works for everyone. I taught myself some yoga with a book; tranquil place at birthing class; tai Chi in china; pain clinic several different types and I have since blended all the bits so it works for me. I like Tai Chi with music as it is good at quieting the mind and working on the whole body and i have a safe place i can use anywhere. My quiet place isnt a place or time what i was without pain but a place that i feel connected to and at piece even with pain. To use it i call on all my senses and I have got it to a stage that i can be sitting in a cafe and can sit there with my eyes open and retreat to my safe for a few minutes to push the pain back to where it belongs, in the background. it can take a lot of work to find the right place that can settle you but it does help. It is the place you think of that warms your heart, makes you smile, a special place. Hope that helps

Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: illeatyu

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #23139 by Marley
Replied by Marley on topic Depression
Hi illeatyu
Have no idea, but that Night Wish YouTube clip reminds me of Kate Bush
:) same but very different
Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
Oh oh the night comes down
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Marley. Reason: clarification

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #23140 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Depression
Hi Wendles

;) I also spend a lot of time listening to Delain, her voice is like honey.

I haven't been able to look at Roxus yet, I'm going for job interviews, i am officially unemployed on Friday, but their is light at the end of the tunnel and this time it's not a train B) .

I need to get better at the meditation bit, I've only just started and I don't have any groups that do that sort of thing around here, well not teach it anyway, but I'll give the horse head stuff a go and see if it resonates, I know this might sound funny although maybe not, I've been specifically listening to songs that make me feel good inside my head, like Delain- Stardust, Sing to me, and We are the others. And nightwish- Élan and Endless forms most beautiful. And it's working or at least I think it is, my mood is lifting, it's driving the wife nuts cause it's the same 5 songs every night, but it helps lift the darkness.

And Marley I think I see what you mean but here's the old fart in me coming out, I also love Joan Jet and the Blackhearts, and Kim Wilds Kids in America, I think powerful women are magnetic, you want to be around them because it makes you feel good, and I think Floor Jansen is a powerful woman, her stage presence is awesome.

So as we are talking meditation and this thread is all about what makes it easier, and body have any good web sites, or YouTube videos they can recommend, I'm also nervous about flying and if I get this new job I will have too, so any not wet my pants flying hypnosis web sites just as an aside.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.