Depression

More
5 years 8 months ago #23223 by cazlake
Replied by cazlake on topic Depression
Hi Mrs S,
:)
I am relatively new to the forum, so it is highly likely you have not heard from me before.
I am another chronic pain sufferer and like most I also suffer depression.
When I read your post I just wanted to say hello and send you a great big hug with lots of understanding attached.
I am also sending this flower for you. Hope it gives you a reason to smile and things start to improve for you.
Try to stay in touch
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #23238 by Mrs S
Replied by Mrs S on topic Depression
Thankyou to everyone for your kind messages, it means more than i can put into words.

Cazlake, i have been enjoying your lovely photos, they remind me to look at the beauty around us that sometimes CP and depression block us from seeing and taking in, so thankyou for sharing . Your garden is beautiful as are your family .
The following user(s) said Thank You: cazlake

More
5 years 8 months ago #23261 by cazlake
Hi Mrs S, I was just reading a post of yours in the Smile feed and am wondering when your daughter is to be married and where and if you have started planning for the big day yet? I love weddings, they are the beginning of something new and wonderful and the next stage of our children's lives. So so exciting :cheer: and a little sad :( .

Cheers for now Carol. :)

With every new day comes the hope of a more understanding world.

More
5 years 8 months ago #23264 by Mrs S
Replied by Mrs S on topic Depression
Hi Carol,
the wedding is set for the 5th of March next year, in a lovely garden setting. which wont take long to come around. They have almost everything organised bar a few little things, and she has her dress stored at her grandmas so her fiancee cant peek lol. Just finalising the guest list of 85 guests , which is probably the most difficult job lol . The reception will be in a hall and fully catered for, using our own animal for the roast beef. They have been working fulltime as well as working weekend jobs to be able to buy their camper trailer for their 3 month honeymoon to the Kimberleys and around outback WA.

It is strange to think it only seemed like yesterday when we brought her home from hospital in a tiny knitted dolls dress, all 4lb 13 skun little rabbit, and now she is almost 22 and soon to be a beautiful bride. Where do the years disappear?
I havent bought an outfit yet as i am hoping that the pain management course and perhaps future treatment will enable me to get some mobility back and lose some of the weight gained from inactivity and meds. My Mum was sadly diagnosed with untreatable terminal cancer just before christmas last year, so we are praying that she will be with us on the day. I have asked and organised with my daughter and told Mum that now we have the wedding dress , we will pick a day when Mum is feeling good and get her dressed up , and get some special memories and photos of her taken together with both of us So she wont then miss out on the joy of seeing her in her wedding dress , if her health declines and prevents her from being at the wedding.. We have a dear friend who has kindly offered her photography skills to help us capture cherished memories of all 3 generations .

Thank you for the lift in my spirits brought on by seeing and answering your post,
Hugs
Mrs S

More
5 years 8 months ago #23267 by cazlake
Hi Mrs S
No worries, I am sure you will have the opportunity to give me a boost one of these days.
You are absolutely right it will be here before you know it and what a lovely time March is for a wedding.
Good to hear the organizing is mostly under control, nice that you can supply the beef. What size in your farm ? Have you always been on the land? Do you run any other stock.?
And what a lovely thing you have organized for your Mum, daughter and yourself with a pre wedding photo shoot of the three generations. It will be a treasured piece of your family history. I do hope your Mum is well enough to attend.
So nice to hear that your daughter and son in law to be are working so hard to get what they want . What a wonderful honey moon they will have earned for themselves and how proud you must be of them both.
How lucky some of us are to have children who strive hard for what they want.
I wish you lots of luck with your pain management course and hope it will improve your mobility and have you in better shape for the wedding . I am sure the motivation for a new wedding outfit will also help. Do you have any idea what type of outfit or what colour you will be looking for?
Have you began your pain management course? If so how are you finding it? If not , do you have a start date? I would love to know what is involved, if you wouldn't mind keeping in touch.

We have two children both married now . Our son lives in Texas with his wife, they do not have any children as yet although they are planned for 2017/18. He moved to America when he was 23 in 2005 and was married in 2012. We were lucky enough to be able to go to America for the wedding and then spend another 4 weeks with them. It was a really wonderful time for us. Our son works at a university, he is a lecturer in Economic and Research and our daughter in law is a ....................... she is an absolutely lovely lady.
Our daughter lives in Burwood an outer Melbourne suburb with her husband and 9 month old little girl. Our daughter is a primary School teacher who has gone sideways and now works at Deakin University looking after student teacher and our son in law is a travel consultant and the perfect lad for our daughter. Both our kids weddings were in gardens with a reception in a walking distance, function room . Garden weddings are so beautiful and we are all really outdoorsy people, so it was all very peaceful and relaxing. We actually had a mini bar in the garden for my daughters wedding so everyone could have a drink before and after the ceremony, which I don't think is the done thing but it was a warm day and it worked incredibly well.

My hubby and I live in a little town called Bittern, it is on the Westerport Bay side of the Mornington Peninsula in Vic. It is a small country town and a lovely place to live. We could not imagine living anywhere that was not close to the water, not that we like the beach all that much. We both just need to be near the water, don't really know why.

Please stay in touch, I would like to know how you are going.
If you would like to pm me feel free.
Cheers for now Carol :)

With every new day comes the hope of a more understanding would.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

More
5 years 7 months ago #23314 by cazlake
Hi everyone , I found this little clip on utube . I thought some of you may be interested in having a look

I had a black dog, his name was depression YouTube ...
Video for the black dog videoâ–¶ 4:19

Sep 4, 2013 - Uploaded by Mind, the mental health charity
This video was produced by the World Health Organization to mark World ... The expression 'Black Dog' is ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Wendles, illeatyu, Marley

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.